Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
k4la

Profractional changed my life!

Hey guys,

I did the (real) Sciton Profractional laser tx 5 months ago and wanted to encourage anyone who is miserable with their scars to ask their dermatologist about this procedure!

My scars have diminished greatly and my confidence has improved 100%!

The results really show after a couple months, and it keeps getting better.

You can read my post about the procedure in my user account profile.

I was really worried about this but I was really just so fed up of my scars.. Im glad I did something!

Good luck everyone.

By the way the thought of the derma roller makes me nauseous!

Congrats! How old are you when you went for the treatment? It sucks being a high school senior right now; I can't afford ablative laser treatment :doh:

One treatment, but really deep. At 400 microns... its, wow. Hurts like hell.

Well, my scarring was not so bad to start with. I had 3 pretty deep cysts during my life on my cheeks and chin. I also had moderate acne. They left indents on my skin (ice-pick scars) . I was very frustrated with them especially when looking at myself in a car window, in the bus window..in natural light it looked pretty bad.

If you look at a picture of my face pre-acne and today, I would say there has been a 85% improvement. The laser also stopped my acne, almost completely.

To all people who say ''Don't do it'' I say that people who have low self-esteem because of their scars SHOULD meet up with a dermatologist who uses new technologies and speak about it with the professionnal. Yes I payed 600$.. the best 600$ I've ever spent!

had it done, 4 procedures to be exact. and my scars are not deep at all, in fact they are very shallow. did absolutely nothing for me. I'm glad that you got such great results though

Well, my scarring was not so bad to start with. I had 3 pretty deep cysts during my life on my cheeks and chin. I also had moderate acne. They left indents on my skin (ice-pick scars) . I was very frustrated with them especially when looking at myself in a car window, in the bus window..in natural light it looked pretty bad.

If you look at a picture of my face pre-acne and today, I would say there has been a 85% improvement. The laser also stopped my acne, almost completely.

To all people who say ''Don't do it'' I say that people who have low self-esteem because of their scars SHOULD meet up with a dermatologist who uses new technologies and speak about it with the professionnal. Yes I payed 600$.. the best 600$ I've ever spent!

what is downtime with this?