Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimmi2384

liquid minerals make-up

i was just wondering if anyone uses the liquid mineral foundation.

i have bare escentuals bare minerals foundation in a powder form and i love it but while im using Retin A gel to combat the spots my skin is a bit too dry and powder on dry skin doesnt look good.

so i need to use a liquid but i love the minerals foundation so much as it looks natural and covers well.

has anyone tried a liquid form as im wondering if they work just as well.

many thanks

Guest missyjean130

I am also curious about this.

I love my powder minerals but I think liquid would give me a fuller,smoother coverage. I've tried mixing with lotion but thats no good at all either.

I see store bought liquid minerals but all those additives which I can't pronounce turn me off. I don't want clogged pores.

yeah i've been looking who does a liquid form on mineral make-up. estee lauder has one but i havent looked at what is in it as i dont want clogged pores either!!

im going try get a sample later today so i will let you know if its any good!!

I like Physician's Formula liquid mineral makeup. I set it with Everyday Minerals foundation. Neither bothers my skin but your mileage may vary.

Hey, I've just bought rimmel lasting finish 'enriched' with minerals.

I've used it once - only because I'm on rec leave from an operation for a week - and I put it on at 12pm and washed it off at 9pm and it was only then just starting to get shiney (and I have pretty oily skin at best of times).

I liked it, it was kinda like revlon colorstay but lighter in feeling and my skin kinda felt good after I took it off. Its fairly inexpensive here in Australia ($17 i think), but usually they have specials on, so if you're not willing to shell out for it - i'd suggest maybe even asking for a sample pot (priceline here in australia are pretty good with doing that).

Coverage is medium and buildable - the colours are terrible though, I got the lightest possible which matches my skin tone, but I have to use bronzer to not look so dead lol.

If you're wanting to check out reviews go to www.makeupalley.com - theyre mostly very positive.

Cheers and good luck with the hunt!!

Guest missyjean130
I like Physician's Formula liquid mineral makeup. I set it with Everyday Minerals foundation. Neither bothers my skin but your mileage may vary.

Oh I love the fact you posted this,cos' I can always trust your posts!

I didn't know whether physician's formula was pore clogging or not. Now, do you know if it contains ingredients which might break a smaller population out?

I didn't know whether physician's formula was pore clogging or not. Now, do you know if it contains ingredients which might break a smaller population out?

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Ingredients in the PF Liquid Mineral Makeup:

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE,TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1/DIMETHICONE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYGLYCERYL -4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE,PEG-32, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHICONE, PANTHENOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, PHODOCHROSITE EXTRACT, SMITHSONITE EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINES.
From: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/pro...tion/02447.html

But remember that just because it does not break me out, it might not be the same for you. :)

Guest missyjean130

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Ingredients in the PF Liquid Mineral Makeup:

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE,TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1/DIMETHICONE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYGLYCERYL -4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE,PEG-32, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHICONE, PANTHENOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, PHODOCHROSITE EXTRACT, SMITHSONITE EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINES.
From: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/pro...tion/02447.html

But remember that just because it does not break me out, it might not be the same for you. :)

I love you.

Also, the further down an ingredient list something is, the less there is of it. So in the above example, the first ingredient makes up the largest amount of the product. The last ingredient has the smallest proportion in the product.

Even if a 'comedogenic' ingredient is in a product but it is in the last half of a product, it might not be at all problematic. Not only because it is a minute amount but because chemicals work synergistically together and may actually change the actions of one ingredient so that it's not so comedogenic as it would be on its own.

Guest missyjean130
I don't understand the point of liquid mineral make up. As soon its liquid bacteria can thrive, right? :rolleyes:

Umm....depends on if your sticking your dirty nasty fingers in the stuff....

You put on lotion right?You scared of using lotion? =P

I don't understand the point of liquid mineral make up. As soon its liquid bacteria can thrive, right? :rolleyes:

Hahaa yeeah I am quite scared of lotion to be fair, always wash my hands twice before applying it lollll

Guest missyjean130

Hahaa yeeah I am quite scared of lotion to be fair, always wash my hands twice before applying it lollll

Yeah,get pump bottles too...I don't like re-dipping my fingers into a jar...that way it stays more sanitary.