Notifications
Clear all

Manuka Honey

MemberMember
(@sugar_spell_it_out)

Posted : 05/12/2009 2:59 am

I just went out and spent quite a bit of money on Active Manuka Honey 10+ because I heard it can help acne. The thing is..does one put it on the face or does one make a drink and drink it? I know people who drink the stuff every day but just for general well being. Does anyone know anything about it's affects on acne?

MemberMember
(@cookie_mistress)

Posted : 05/12/2009 2:49 pm

Manuka honey has antibacterial properties, so I would say you should put it straight on your skin...why don't you try it and let us know?

MemberMember
(@sugar_spell_it_out)

Posted : 05/15/2009 3:18 am

Manuka honey has antibacterial properties, so I would say you should put it straight on your skin...why don't you try it and let us know?

I had a shot of it last night and was sitting in bed with my face covered in a honey mask. It smells brutal! I had it on for about 20 minutes and found that this morning my skin appears less aggrivated than it was. Mind you, all my zits are still there, they're just not as red and they've dried up nicely. Must.not.pick.....

MemberMember
(@hexie)

Posted : 05/15/2009 3:32 am

I bought some today, hope it's good.

MemberMember
(@dayfaith)

Posted : 05/15/2009 3:35 am

Hmmm, I tried it on my face last year. Left my face very red and itchy. After trying it twice, I decided to add it into my tea daily. I take about 2 to 3 teaspoon a day and it's great. Not sure whether it's good for the skin though, but I just like the taste. Lesser sore throats as well. :P

MemberMember
(@kimmi2384)

Posted : 05/15/2009 4:43 am

i have been using manuka honey for a couple of weeks now!! i think its really helps with dryness and redness. im using Retin A gel which makes my skin red and flakey and dry but since using honey on my face every night its softer, smoother and less dry and red.

im thinking about getting manuka cream/gel to use as im not sure i want to wear honey on my face all the time especially as im going travelling in few months!! i may get sum weird looks if im wondering round with honey on my face!!

i aslo want to get manuka oil as its meant to be lot stronger and better than tea tree oil.

MemberMember
(@sugar_spell_it_out)

Posted : 05/17/2009 4:59 pm

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wear it and take it. I'd reckon honey is an acquired taste. I'd rather eat a plate full of brussell sprouts than take honey but im going to try it out and keep trying it till i say, 'you know what? this isn't that bad.' **wonders if this will ever happen**

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/18/2017 3:06 am

The higher the strength of manuka honey, the worst it tastes. I use MGO 400+ on my acne as a mask, and it tastes awful but it works soooo well! And I love honey bht will be eating the lesser strength ones.