Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
king0722

Accutane help please!

Hi everyone,

I started my second dose of Accutane approximately 4 months ago. This is my second time around, my first time on Accutane was about 5 years ago. When I took it 5 years ago I probably weighed around 110 lbs and wasn't on too high of a dose. I am now 23 years old, 192 lbs, I have been lifting weights/body building for over 2 years, and I am currently on 90mg mg of Accutane a day. I started off with 40 mg twice a day but then my doctor added on 10 more. I am four month into this and I am still breaking out on my face. My body is clear however, just my face keeps breaking out. I also have been having nose bleeds everyday for almost a month now, which is very painful because the blood drys up and I can't breathe out of my nose. I also have two sever SLAP tears in each shoulder, and the Accutane is making them hurt really bad. I also am having sever back pain almost everyday, sometimes I can't sleep. I still left weights everyday very heavy which probably doesn't help, but I am just concerned because I am still breaking out pretty bad on my face and I am in pain everyday. I just do not want to stop the Accutane because I am four months into it. I guess my question is do you think this is too high of a dose, and will a lower dose still clear up my acne. As i mentioned this is my 2nd time on Accutane and will not do it a 3rd. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Anthony

Hi everyone,

I started my second dose of Accutane approximately 4 months ago. This is my second time around, my first time on Accutane was about 5 years ago. When I took it 5 years ago I probably weighed around 110 lbs and wasn't on too high of a dose. I am now 23 years old, 192 lbs, I have been lifting weights/body building for over 2 years, and I am currently on 90mg mg of Accutane a day. I started off with 40 mg twice a day but then my doctor added on 10 more. I am four month into this and I am still breaking out on my face. My body is clear however, just my face keeps breaking out. I also have been having nose bleeds everyday for almost a month now, which is very painful because the blood drys up and I can't breathe out of my nose. I also have two sever SLAP tears in each shoulder, and the Accutane is making them hurt really bad. I also am having sever back pain almost everyday, sometimes I can't sleep. I still left weights everyday very heavy which probably doesn't help, but I am just concerned because I am still breaking out pretty bad on my face and I am in pain everyday. I just do not want to stop the Accutane because I am four months into it. I guess my question is do you think this is too high of a dose, and will a lower dose still clear up my acne. As i mentioned this is my 2nd time on Accutane and will not do it a 3rd. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Anthony

My opinion due to the severe pain you are getting I would stop, before you damage your shoulders any futher or your back and it becomes permanent.

Some of us have had no joint, muscle problems before accutane and well we do now and in pain everyday. Some have even gotten it after accutane course was finished. I can't run anylonger or lift heavy weights.

If you don't want to stop acctuane few suggestions that might help.

One you are not to be doing heavy strenous workouts while on accutane..It is stated as such by Roche themselves.

Second-You need to let your derm know of your pain and nose bleeds and dryness and have them lower your dosage to see if that will help. I still have thoose nose bleeds and dryness off and on. I am almost a yr off accutane.

Also, some of the supplements or meds that weight lifters use to increase muscle can cause acne. Are you taking any of theese types of things that body builders use?

You will ultimatley have to decide what more important acne or your joints/muscles

Just b/c a first round of accutane worked, doesn't mean a second one will.

good luck

Hi everyone,

Anthony

My opinion due to the severe pain you are getting I would stop, before you damage your shoulders any futher or your back and it becomes permanent.

Some of us have had no joint, muscle problems before accutane and well we do now and in pain everyday. Some have even gotten it after accutane course was finished. I can't run anylonger or lift heavy weights.

One you are not to be doing heavy strenous workouts while on accutane..It is stated as such by Roche themselves.

Second-You need to let your derm know of your pain and nose bleeds and dryness and have them lower your dosage to see if that will help. I still have thoose nose bleeds and dryness off and on. I am almost a yr off accutane.

Also, some of the supplements or meds that weight lifters use to increase muscle can cause acne. Are you taking any of theese types of things that body builders use?

You will ultimatley have to decide what more important acne or your joints/muscles

good luck

Thank you very much for your reply. Due to my muscle problems I do not lift as much as I did and do not take any supplements at all. I just saw my derm and he left me on the 90 mg. I am just worried because I keep on breaking out and I am going on week 15.

Hi everyone,

Anthony

good luck

Thank you very much for your reply. Due to my muscle problems I do not lift as much as I did and do not take any supplements at all. I just saw my derm and he left me on the 90 mg. I am just worried because I keep on breaking out and I am going on week 15.

Did you ask him to lower it? I know you put your weight, but maybe 90mg is still tooo much, not many go on that high of a dose.

You say your still breaking out, sometimes this can happen. Some have not cleared until after treatment.

Roche does state it can work up to two months after treatement, that's why they suggest 8wk break before starting another course. Sometimes it doesn't work for some people.

good luck.....