Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so.. there is a guy who i've been seeing and will probably become my boyfriend in a matter of time. i'm really happy about this of course, but i also get super frustrated because i will only want to hang out with him if my skin looks good. or, only if i feel my overall appearance is good. he called me to go out today but i said i was feeling kind of sick. i really just wanted to stay home and rest my skin to help it look better. now, i only have about 2 small pimples on my face right now but my overall skin is just not good. red marks etc. i don't want this boy to think that i don't like him (i like him alot) but i REALLY don't want him to get turned off by seeing me on a bad day, especially since things are kind of just starting up. anyone else in/ been in this predicament and can sympathize? any advice for overcoming these really stupid feelings that i'm sick of?

if hes already at the point of asking you out, i doubt that a few pimples is going to matter to him. it wouldnt to me.

Relationships are accepting your partner's imperfections. He's not going to run away.

There isn't any helpful advice. All you can find here is reassurance. If you're sure this man will be your boyfriend, then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Yea, I definitely know where you;re coming from. Sometimes I wonder how I would be able to be fully comfortable with someone else when I'm not comfortable with my own appearance at times. It's true though, he probably wont really care about your skin as much as you think. Ive stayed home MANY times so others wouldnt see how bad my skin was, but there are some times I did go out when my face was pretty bad and no one cared. So i know exactly why you would chose to stay home instead but you cant stay home everytime especially if you're trying to work towards something with this guy. No one's perfect.. if he had a couple pimples would you care? Probably not right

I also don't think it's a big deal if you stay home. It happens. Nobody is immune to the psychological effects. But be happy that you have a partner who seems to be great. He is probably willing to overlook your condition, and maybe he sees everything else you have to offer.

I know the feeling only too well unfortunately.

I went on a date recently in spite of my inconvenient bastarding breakout even though i wanted to stay home n stand her up.

She never payed any attention to how crap i looked and felt and it was almost as if i was fussing about nothing.

People are aware of how crap your skin looks n still want you regardless.

I think it would bug him more if he found out you were standing him up over something like that. I know this from experience regardless of whether it's a girl I'm in to or just a friend. There's been too many times where somebody will get mad at me because I would make a big deal out of something like that. It's not easy to get over being insecure but it's something everyone should work towards because life's too short to worry about little stuff like that. Yeah I know that last part gets frustrating because it's not that easy to just get over it, I'm still pretty shy but I've come a long way on self confidence by forcing myself to face uncomfortable situations. Anyways best of luck, I hope things work out for the best. :)