Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

So accutane didn't work for me! whyyyy!?!

Has anyone failed with accutane? A lot of people i know personally who have used it had really severe cystic acne, and it vanished after their treatment. I have mild to moderate and i feel like it just made mine worse.....

Does accutane generally work better with severe acne? Also, if anyone else has experienced this, what did you do afterwards? I feel like some of the topicals I used worked a lot better and I'm thinking about trying out Dan's Regimen. I don't know what else do it. I feel like I'm running out of options.

It's just discouraging. I thought by this time I'd be acne free. And now i just have more acne....

Darn!

well what it does it deplete and lower your body's sebum correct? (i just started)

doing that it would be worse before it got better, like its darkest before the dawn :D

plus, make sure youre washing your face, TWICE a day!

well what it does it deplete and lower your body's sebum correct? (i just started)

doing that it would be worse before it got better, like its darkest before the dawn :D

plus, make sure youre washing your face, TWICE a day!

'Aw, I'm really sorry to hear that. How long were you on Accutane, and how much? There are a lot of people on this site whose acne got waaaay worse in the beginning, and then cleared up later in their course.

I've was on it for 6 months. I was hoping the acne would cease completely after my course, but it's been almost 3 weeks since I've been off of it and I'm still breaking out like crazy :( Oh well!

Some people need 2-3 courses to get completly clear but acne getting worse after a 6 months course it's the first time I hear that lol , you're probably very unlucky. The only thing I can recommend is to ask your derm what you should do now.

Has anyone failed with accutane? A lot of people i know personally who have used it had really severe cystic acne, and it vanished after their treatment. I have mild to moderate and i feel like it just made mine worse.....

Does accutane generally work better with severe acne? Also, if anyone else has experienced this, what did you do afterwards? I feel like some of the topicals I used worked a lot better and I'm thinking about trying out Dan's Regimen. I don't know what else do it. I feel like I'm running out of options.

It's just discouraging. I thought by this time I'd be acne free. And now i just have more acne....

Darn!

Yes, accutane doesn't work for everyone. I personally would not suggest another course. Didn't work for me either, actually made mine worse.

It does state in the drug info that Accutane can cause Acne. Kinda funny sppoused to be a miracle acne drug, but it can cause acne.

Have you looked into light therapy? I hear it works good for alot people and safer then accutane. I personally haven't tried it yet, to busy trying to treat the sides effects left from accutane.

good luck

Accutane didn't work for me either, I was on it for 4 months and it only cleared me up for a short time. I'm going back to the doc tomorrow to see if he'll refer me to a derm to put me on a second course of treatment.

i was put on accutane a few years back, and it didnt work for me. i was on two capsuals a day for nearly a year!!! my skin just dried out (i looked like a reptile!!) my lips cracked and bled, i developed exma all up my arms and neck, inside my nose dried out and was sore and bled. oh and i got really depressed. apparently 80% of people respond to accutane, i was in the minority.still fighting.

Hi everyone. I was on accutane for 6 months, I went on it as a last resort because I had mild acne, but most depressingly- my skin was unbearably greasy. the oil on my face used to slide off my eyelids into my eyes, off my nose dribbling everywhere. It left yellow marks on my sheets, I couldnt ever wear nice clothes because the grease from my back chest and face would stain it, my glasses would slide off my nose because it was so greasy, and it made me so miserable. nothing was worth doing because it would all be taken down a peg by how greasy my skin was.

at long last i saw a dermatologist after months of topical lotions and i even went on the pill, but it was all fruitless. I went on accutane and the results were STUNNING, the spots went away and the greasiness disappeared completely, i was so overjoyed, nothing could have made me any happier.

but those 6 months came to an end all too quickly- and 1 week after coming off accutane, my skin went back to its disgusting oily ways. I am now back at square one - oily and horrible, crying at night because it makes me so unhappy. the spots never came back but it was the oiliness and the grease in the first place that made me turn to accutane. i am going back to the doctors in april because i am going to make a plea to go back on accutane. but is there nothing else for me? even though accutane was wonderful, it made my lips so sore and dry, they bled all the time and looked hideously deformed from how raw they became. (they have returned to normal now thank goodness) but i would just like to know if anyone else has found a PERMANENT solution to a problem like mine. thank you

I had modernate/serve acne and I went on accutane for 6 months. After 2 months I saw a lot of improvement and by 4 months my face was completely clear. But 2-3 months after I got off accutane I started breaking out again:( I no longer get the cystic acne that I used to, but everything that I have been trying doesn't seem to compare to the results of how perfect my skin was from accutane. I have debated going back on accutance because my dermatologist left that choice up to me, but before I commit to that again I decided to try Dan's regimen. I started pretty quickly using a lot of benzoyl peroxide because I wanted to see results. After having tried so many differnt types of medicine from my dermatolgist including different types of zinc, sulfur, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide medicines nothing seemed to work. My dermatologist always said to use a pea sized amount, but I stopped listening to that and started using A LOT of benzoyl peroxide gel. Its only been a week or two since I started this regimen and my skin is already starting to look as perfect as it did when I was on accutane. My advice for everyone with acne is to not give up. There is a regimen out there for everyone. And don't get discouraged if accutane doesn't work for you-- you're not the only one. Good luck everyone with finding the regimen that's right for you. Maybe try Dan's regimen, it worked for me, maybe it could work for you too.