Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belloni

Some retarded/obvious questions need answering!

Hello again guys, right need to clear some basic stuff up, going to implent home sauna (boil water, hold my head over it for like 5minutes) but basically right, i know it opens pores up etc, but once i've finished the "sauna" do i cleanse my face WHILE i have sweat/residue on my face, or do i wash that stuff off with warm water THEN cleanse?

After the cleanse, do i wash OFF with warm water or cold water? Bit confused, i know these are probably idiotic questions, but i would like to know :)

for the second question, i usually wash it off with warm water, then splash my face with cold afterwards

Saunas arent that beneficial for acne, not for me at least. Just wash your face like you normally would and make sure you only wash twice a day

P.S. I get tired of people overusing words like thats retarded and thats gay; there are so many less mean words you could use to describe something

I don't splash my face with cold water to close my pores, I merely do it because it feels fresh and cool on my skin.

I always thought that cold water temporarily shrinks the appearance of pores and hot water actually swells the skin (which isnt really a good thing for acne because that's when stuff gets trapped inside)

My mom used to swear by it (holding your head over hot water) but hot water just aggravates my acne...

If I was going to do it,I would definitely wash my face after since you no doubt will have sweat and stuff.

Cold water does not shrink pores. Hot water does not open pores. Cold water is less inflammatory than hot water and that is why I suggest avoiding hot showers. Cold water/final cold water splash will help reduce redness. Hot water will increase redness and possibly irritate and dehydrate the skin.

The major reason that some (not all) people find benefit from sauna type treatments or steam is that the moisture and heat might help loosen up some of the clogged pores. I personally prefer less inflammatory ways of unclogging pores. Steaming does feel nice on occasion and might not hurt as an occasional treatment.