Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I've suffered from moderate acne for 8 years, beginning at the usual age of 13. I'm in a down mood right now and posting this in a bout of frustration, so please excuse any spelling errors and whatnot crap.

I've tried many things to remedy my skin and most have been entirely fruitless, starting at creams, washes, and antibiotics, and then moving on to diet and naturals when those didn't work at all, or even made it worse. I'm nearing the end of my rope though, having tried near everything dermatologists could prescribe (besides accutane), and nearly every home remedy & cleanse possible. So without further bore, here is what I have tried to date:

Everything a derma could prescribe, short of accutane

Countless exfoliants, scrubs, washes, ect. Recommended here & elsewhere

Dan's Regimen

BP even at 10% concentrate

Apple Cider Vinegar

Epsom Salts

Baking Powder

6 Liver Flushes

Candida Cleanse

Dr Natura's Colonix & Toxinout

Oxypowder

Vitamin B5 (some results, but it wasn't healthy to continue that way)

Avoid drinking one hour before & after meals

Eliminate grains

Eliminate soy

Eliminate dairy

No soda, 6-8 cups of water a day (I follow this regardless and have for 4+ years)

the "Caveman Regimen"

Lemon Juice

Water Fasts

High Alkaline Diet

Aloe Vera

Oils: Coconut, Jojoba, Tea Tree

Herbs & other: Saw Palmetto, Evening Primrose Oil, B-Complex, Multi's, Probiotics, L-Glutamine, Sulfur, Magnesium, Chromium, Cinnamon.

Avoiding Sex/Masturbation (this produces noticeable results, but never complete clearing)

I've tried them all, comprehensively and thoroughly. So much time wasted, money wasted, health jeopardized, all to find no results. Unfortunately & fortunately avoiding sex is what helps at least to some degree, but it's not realistic & doesn't produce the complete results I want, plus wet dreams are a constant and unstoppable setback as I've come to learn through over a year of trial & error.

There appears to be no end and I'm very desperate, next on my list to try is urine therapy and cum masks... ...yeah.

So fellow sufferers of Acne.org, please suggest to me any and all possible remedies you know of, you've heard of, or can think of. Natural is preferred but not necessary, no limits on how old it is, where it came from, or how disgusting it may be.

If you have any questions about my above list don't hesitate to ask,

Thank you & good luck in your own search.

Out of curiosity, did you choose to avoid Accutane for health reasons, or did your dermatologist not want to prescribe it to you?

Not sure what your current diet is like currently but I'd highly recommend cutting out all processed/packaged foods and undertake a paleolithic diet. You'll need to modify according to your own needs but the key here is to eliminate "unnatural" foods.

I personally follow a somewhat similar diet to paleo and it's given me and several others amazing results; the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. When I went on the paleo diet, it did give me great improvements but it wasn't consistent and I couldn't figure out what component was hindering me, till I read about the SCD and understood the importance and role of gut flora. The SCD is basically a diet in which you consume forms of carbohydrate that are natural and unrefined; these are easiest for your body to digest and assimilate and will not sit and ferment in your gut and feed bad bacteria and yeasts. I highly recommend you give it a shot and see if it helps.

Don't give up, fighting acne or other illnesses naturally isn't always easy or quick but it is far more rewarding and beneficial to your health and well-being once you've actually cured it.

Good morning, I'll answer in the order given,

The water fast was the standard 3 day routine, and I drank at least 10 glasses each day spread out, but it didn't appear to have any effects in the short term or long term as I closely monitored my face for a good week afterwards. Along with water I've also done apple juice fasts, but these were intended to assist with the awful liver flushing and saw no improvements.

Caffeine & sugar I don't believe are the culprits, I drink literally nothing but water so my caffeine intake is a dead low. As for sugar I have not done a sugar-only elimination, but for the month long candida cleanse my sugar levels we're nothing, all I ate we're vegetables, and there were no improvements.

The derma that I went to prescribed all the topicals & antibiotics he could until accutane was all that remained, and he even said he was reluctant to prescribe it, so with that and my knowledge of what the side effect were, I turned it down.

My diet is vegan, no dairy, eggs, or meats, I usually eat simple foods like rice and veggies and always try to keep the unnatural on the low. Even though I have confidently ruled out gluten as I agitator I even try to keep that to a minimum due to its hard to digest nature. I try as well to keep my diet inclined to alkaline, so by many comparative standards I have a very good diet.

My diet is vegan, no dairy, eggs, or meats, I usually eat simple foods like rice and veggies and always try to keep the unnatural on the low. Even though I have confidently ruled out gluten as I agitator I even try to keep that to a minimum due to its hard to digest nature. I try as well to keep my diet inclined to alkaline, so by many comparative standards I have a very good diet.

Does your diet make you feel well? Any digestive problems whatsoever? If you know it works for you, then by all means, keep at it.

See my recent post on how I got clear. Its cheap.

Best thing to do is to ACCEPT your acne. Be mentally PREPARED to LIVE WITH IT FOREVER, then let go, and don't do anything. Just wash with water, no "treatment" lotions, have sex, eat what you aren't sensitive to and FORGET IT. If you can ACCEPT it, you can STOP it in about 3 months. You have to be ready to live with it FOREVER, because 3 months will FEEL LIKE FOREVER. You can do it! Try it. At least try it, before you try urine or cum :-S

You need TAZORAC AND DUAC. :clap: it has worked for the tuffest acne out there, gets worst before it gets better. talk to your derm and continue drinking alot of water, i personally drink a gallon a day and it helps my acne so much!

looks like you tried everything except the most important thing.. leaving your face alone (caveman approach). but this method requires patience and your skin will need time to adjust since you were using all these chemials and cleansers before. your skin needs to heal from all the harsh products you used on your face daily, and in order for that to happen you need to leave your face ALONE!!!

I think Firewood has already tried the caveman approach (it's up there on the list of past treatments). But I agree that lots of harsh chemicals can make skin worse, and it's a good idea to minimze topicals to only the ones that suit you. There's also something to be said for accepting your acne, like sie suggested, because your psychology can have a big impact on your skin. Sometimes the more you stress out about your acne, the worse it gets...but for me, it was almost impossible not to stress about my skin.

If your acne is really starting to take over your life, you may consider Accutane. With all of the treatments you've tried, I think your acne would be categorized as "persistent." Accutane is a serious drug and you shouldn't make the decision lightly, but for some people (myself included), it's the only thing that works. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it.

Thanks for the replies everyone, please keep 'em coming

I do feel like I'm healthy and my skin actually maintains itself well, except for the whole red acne thing. It's never noticeably oily unless I have been exercising, nor is it overly dry unless I have been using tea tree oil, which works well for reducing existing spots.

Sie, are you actively washing with jojoba oil or putting it on after you wash, and how often are you washing?

I've tried jojoba in the past though without clearing results unfortunately, though it does make my skin very soft.

I certainly do agree that we shouldn't strip out faces of their natural oils.

As for the 'caveman regimen', the topicals aren't a recent thing, I got rid of them years ago after they only made my acne worse and I turned to the natural side. I've been using only water to wash for face for over 3 years, I have even gone over 3 months not washing my face at all, with anything, and my skin stayed the same, no negative or positive changes in it.

My skin is truly confusing this piss out of me now, so much so that I may drink a glass of it :eh:

FIREWOOD how long were you on the topicals? They can take months to acutally clear your skin. WHat people dont understand is acne is not going to leave over night, If you try one medication give it time to do it's work. Being paitent is the worst part of it all. As far as NATURAL FACE OIL, thats what gives you acne in the first place. People with acne produce too much natural oil, thats clogs ur pores . The solution is to try a medication/ regiman, that will help your skin cells produce enough oil but not too much. DOnt give up and dont just do nothing about it becuase it can get worse(I hope it doesn't), Accutane is serious. Really sit down and think about it. Here is the number to my derm, *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Hey

Well you can try eating 2 apples every morning, you just wake up and eat the apples then you take a shower or w.e and eat your breakfast. Drink 2 spons of olive oil(Extra virgin) with your principal meal. Do exercise 3 or 4 times a week.

If you really think nothing has worked for you, just give a a try to Accutane, it can really change your life. I think 8 years with acne is enought to know that you are a real candidate for accutane.

I wish you look and ask your dermatologist about accutane !

sugar sugar sugar. if you have been really low with it and didn't notice a diff, then i don't know what to say but it was and is my main culprit. (i also react to soy, artificial sweeteners like maltitol, splenda, etc., peanuts, and too much straight dairy).

i see you tried sulfur. i assume you have then taken msm? this has more or less cleared me and i can even eat sugar again for the first time in years so long as i take enough of the msm with another supplement which i believe has greatly helped in conjunction, r-lipoic acid. great for blood sugar. i take 600mg of r-lipoic (split into two doses), anywhere from 2-4 grams of msm (which, granted is about as much as one should take but i did notice improvement with just 1 gram daily- i take more based on my sugar intake), 30 mg of optizinc, and 2g vitamin c split into two 1g doses (tho the c is not for acne). i can't say how much this has changed my skin. i also think using my led's helps but ultimately, it's the supplements and continuing a rather responsible diet that keeps me clear.

i should perhaps add i had adult-onset acne for about 8 years and tried all the rx's and otc's but accutane. needless to say, nothing worked until i made the dietary changes and the supplements have completely wiped out the rest of the breakouts. in the rare event i really overdo the sugar, egg white left on a spot overnight works very well for me. (much better than bp, tto, sa, sulfur, blah blah etc.)

best luck to you- really hope you find your own answer asap.

Hi there, have a look round by post in the section http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Ionic-Sil...am-t235717.html

You might wanna try some things I have suggested there. However I live in the UK but im sure you can get these products over in America.

Other Advice

Take a Zinc and Omega 3 Supplement while eating main meal of the day.

Use Salt in your bath and soak in for about 10mins before applying a SA face wash. Let this SA Wash sit on your skin for a while to allow the SA to take effect gentle wash off after about 5mins.

use luke warm water and gentle wash using only FINGER TIPS. DO NOT RUB as this makes acne 10 times worse.

Take 2 Ibaprufen tablet before going to bed.

JonoB

Bah, this tread slipped away from me. I'm back though and bring damn good news.

Obviously being at the end on my rope I decided to try the whole urine jazz, I think it was about a week ago that I started and guess what? There's big improvements all across the board!

-Not a single big red pimple, only the usual barely noticeable small fleshy bumps and a single whitehead. Broke out on Saturday w/ 5 biggies and by Monday they were not visible.

-Red marks have significantly improved, it was almost over night that they just reversed direction.

-Scars "look" much better, but it's too early to say for sure.

-My overall skin tone is simply glowing a smooth natural hue.

I've been doing the full treatment, yes that includes drinking and I'll get to that in a moment. First off I store the first urine of the day (always midstream), bottle it and use it overnight, right before bed as there's no need to wash it off, that would defeat the purpose, you want it absorbed. You will smell but depending on the potency on the batch it won't last for more than 45 minutes and in the morning your face will be dry, soft, and smelling fine.

Now the drinking, just do it! Don't build up your thoughts and expectations, don't say today's the day I do it, don't dread it and worry as you walk to the bathroom, you'll only be adding fuel to the fire. Try to believe that you've been doing this your whole life as if it's second nature and automatic. Oh, big gulps too certainly assists, but an absolute must is to hold your nose.

I will give an update in a month.

Obviously being at the end on my rope I decided to try the whole urine jazz, I think it was about a week ago that I started and guess what? There's big improvements all across the board!

-Not a single big red pimple, only the usual barely noticeable small fleshy bumps and a single whitehead. Broke out on Saturday w/ 5 biggies and by Monday they were not visible.

-Red marks have significantly improved, it was almost over night that they just reversed direction.

I've been doing the full treatment, yes that includes drinking and I'll get to that in a moment. First off I store the first urine of the day (always midstream), bottle it and use it overnight, right before bed as there's no need to wash it off, that would defeat the purpose, you want it absorbed. You will smell but depending on the potency on the batch it won't last for more than 45 minutes and in the morning your face will be dry, soft, and smelling fine.

Now the drinking, just do it! Don't build up your thoughts and expectations, don't say today's the day I do it, don't dread it and worry as you walk to the bathroom, you'll only be adding fuel to the fire. Try to believe that you've been doing this your whole life as if it's second nature and automatic. Oh, big gulps too certainly assists, but an absolute must is to hold your nose.

Nice. I'm pleased that you've seen improvement, however applying urine to your face or drinking it, It's gross!

But if it worked for you, it's worth it. If I had bad acne, I would probably do the urine thing. Although I'm 100% clear. I'm on a high protein diet which it has helped me.

Awesome! I'm glad that's working for you! I am definitely going to start my Urine Therapy again after school is out in a week. You don't save any urine for longer than a day do you? That stale urine can get SO nasty..

Progress continues :)

I have not stored any urine beyond 2 days and that was an accident, but I did use it topically. The usual maximum I store it for is around 14 hours, as I said above I bottle the first morning's and use it before bed, though I've read some folks store theirs for a week so out of curiosity I will have to try that at some point.

I saw an episode on the Discovery channel show Man vs Wild where that guy Bear Grylls was out on safari and showed how he peed in his water bottle after running out of water and kept it for drinking. So it's not the craziest thing in the world to do because men have done it in the past to survive for several days without water but to me I would think you'd be re-ingesting the toxins your body flushes out by drinking it.