Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KimKard

How do you applay your retin A cream at night ?

well quick question for you people, how do you guys apply your retin a cream every night? a ive been on it for 1 and a half months lets see how things go

Thirty mins or longer after washing my face, I appy the Retin A with clean dry fingers.

I use an amount the size of a pea. Then distribute several heavier 'dots' onto cheek and chin and one light 'dot' on forehead, as it really isn't ever a trouble spot. And spread it out from there from there making sure to avoid contact with the corners of my mouth. About once a month, the corner of my mouth will crack from exposure to the Retin A......so I am very careful to try to not get any near my mouth. I also wash my hands after to make sure I don't accidently touch my lips.

Thirty mins or longer after washing my face, I appy the Retin A with clean dry fingers.

I use an amount the size of a pea. Then distribute several heavier 'dots' onto cheek and chin and one light 'dot' on forehead, as it really isn't ever a trouble spot. And spread it out from there from there making sure to avoid contact with the corners of my mouth. About once a month, the corner of my mouth will crack from exposure to the Retin A......so I am very careful to try to not get any near my mouth. I also wash my hands after to make sure I don't accidently touch my lips.

thanks so much, what i do is I take a pea sized amount and then apply mini dots all over my cheecks temples and forehead but the thing is sometimes it is hard to spread.. do you like slowly rub the retin a in in a circular moisture or do you just dab and spread quickly?

Also, doesn't the cream feel kind of dry sometimes like it dries out quickly when you apply it its not like a creamy lotion it almost turns into a powder

I forgot to mention that I use my ring fingers to rub in small, gentle circular motions until the cream is rubbed in.

I haven't had any experiences with it feeling dry/powdery. Maybe we are using different brands? I have used the Obagi Retin A and have been on the generic Tretinoin Cream .1. According to my current tube (45 g) it is made by Triax Pharmaceuticals.

I wonder if anyone else has had the dry/powdery issue with theirs?

oh i use the retin A .1 that dermatologisists usually prescribe she gave me a buncha samples