Notifications
Clear all

isotretinoin and erythromycin gel

MemberMember
(@rinavarion_dee)

Posted : 05/11/2009 5:45 pm

My doctor has just given me a prescription for isotretinoin and erythromycin gel for topical use. Has anyone ever tried this and did they find if effective? I came off accutane for the second time last year and my skin stayed perfectly clear but now for no apparent reason at all my acne has decided to come back :( This gel is all my doctor will give me :( I'm nervous as I generally find topical stuff non effective and very painful! Advice please xx

MemberMember
(@languages)

Posted : 05/11/2009 8:30 pm

I don't know whether or not your gel is good or not, but I when I got that gel, it SUCKED. Worst topical I've ever used, hands down. Just the whole application felt messy (if you've used it, you'll know what I'm talking about). It feels like a solid, but its all liquidy and dries really greasy. Yuck!

Best of luck to you though...might work better for you/you might have a different brand.

MemberMember
(@amazedwithlemon)

Posted : 06/03/2009 12:11 am

HEY IAM ON THE SAME MEDICATION YOU ARE ON.. IT WILL WORK:) JUST GIVE IT TIME! WITH ISOTRETINOIN YOU NEED A LOT OF PATIENCE, BUT EVENTUALLY WE'LL GET THERE!

MemberMember
(@kaisong)

Posted : 03/05/2014 2:13 am

It really works on my acne after 2-4 weeks

MemberMember
(@raf97)

Posted : 04/15/2014 9:20 am

It didn't work for me. I've used topical isotretinoin for 2 months, and now I'm using tretinoin with no results.

Retinoids don't work for me.