Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've read on here about people using Head and Shoulders on their face, for overproduction of yeast. A friend of mine said her daughter's Derm. told her to try Monistat, and she says it really helped. I believe this may be the condition that I have. (small flesh colored bumps on my cheeks and forehead that never come to a head....almost like a rash)

Has anyone else ever heard of this or tried it? I'm kind of interested in trying it but can't find anything on the internet about using it for acne so I'm a little leery, and worried if it could cause more damage to my skin?

So I've read on here about people using Head and Shoulders on their face, for overproduction of yeast. A friend of mine said her daughter's Derm. told her to try Monistat, and she says it really helped. I believe this may be the condition that I have. (small flesh colored bumps on my cheeks and forehead that never come to a head....almost like a rash)

Has anyone else ever heard of this or tried it? I'm kind of interested in trying it but can't find anything on the internet about using it for acne so I'm a little leery, and worried if it could cause more damage to my skin?

I have not tried it but I think I will. I have itchy, yeasty arms and back. I have used the Nizoral shampoo, you need to leave it on for a while. So far the only thing that has helped is oral antifungals.The MD will not order it often, they do not believe much in yeast problems, probably because they have not had it themselves. But all the oral antibiotics I have taken leave my skin with candida flourishing on it. I intend to try the monistat. I also get tiny pimples that do not come to a head but do leave a little scab which in turn leaves a small white scar, and I have lots of scars now.

Thanks.

I have the same tiny pimples and just started using monistat, did it work? I first heard people used it for hair growth, but with some research for tying to figure out how it works, I thought to myself it could be beneficial for acne. in google I typed "monistat for acne" and quite a few things have popes up. I am going to sprits delimited monistat 3 cream in my hair and on my body to see its effects :) Its been some time though how did it work for you?!