Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is just a snipping from my log giving the major details. Please see this link - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Skeptical...y-t235110.html# for a better understanding.

Well its been like 3 hours since I posted the first piece, and 3 hours later (now) my whole forehead it breaking out!!! When I pass my hand over it I just feel so many bumps; like around 10 new pimples emerging. And it feels like the painful kind (you know, the one that hurts to the touch rather than the one that's just a big red bump).

There are also 2 new ones emerging on both of my cheeks. Help!!!

The only change I made in my regimen was that I used the egg mask today, after 2 days of not using it.

Should I just go ahead with my normal regimen (see my signature), or apply something new to zap those zits? I don't have AHA or jojoba oil or any salicylic acid treatment.

Just throw out the suggestions please, and I'll see what I can do. I'm desperate because I have to go to school tomorrow (I had a "day-off" today).

Oh yea, and another thing I should have mentioned, I started getting sick two days ago (just after my "Day 5" post). It started up with a really bad sore-throat and today I woke up with a stuffy nose, a chest cold/cough and still a slight sore throat.

I don't know if that had anything to do with my breakout, but I just though I'd throw that out at you just in case. I just hope that the Apo-minocycline (100mg) antibiotic is not messing with my immune system.

Sorry to hear your sick dude.

Firstly Id try not to stress too much, your not well, and this obviously is having a bad effect on your skin. Thats rubbish for ya, and I feel for you but do try and keep a little calm about. Your probably pale from not feeling well, so any spots/red marks will stand out more and if your nose is running blowing it is going to irriatate the skin around your nose. Unfortunately.

Best thing to do is stick to your regular routine til your feeling a bit better. Thats what I think anyway. If you have a normal spot treatment plan go for it.

If you want to give your immune system a kick Im a big fan of ecchinacea. It'll help the immune system and your flu. Good all round.

Take it easy, look after yourself and keep positive, lots of things go two steps forwards, one step back. You'll get there, dont worry. :)

Thanks. Yeah my nose is really irritated from all the blowing, but I'm not pale. I'm of East-Indian descent; we don't really get pale from the flu and all that :P .

And yea, the positive attitude is key. I was watching something on Discovery yesterday and there was this guy who had abdominal pains, nausea, diarrhea and rectal bleeding for 2 years and only then did he find out he had colon cancer. He went through a 4 hr. long surgery but after the doctors said that he had Stage 3 cancer so he had to go on chemo.

Well after all this, he alive and well now, helping out with the cancer foundation and he said that the thing that made it easiest for him was the positive attitude. And a quotation from one of his seminars, "Inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard life is hard."

It's not much but what I learned was rather than looking at the mile long road of difficulties, focus on them one obstacle at a time.

Sounds more like a cold than flu.

Treat yourself gently; take anti-inflammatories if you need to (for general muscle aches or elevated temps); drink herbal teas. Peppermint is terrific when one has a cold/sore throat/runny nose. Vick's vapo-rub; stick a dollop of that on the wall of your shower, let the hot water run over it a bit; that will send up scented steam. Turn the shower cooler and get in; rub Vick's on your chest and enjoy your shower, rinse off the vicks toward the end of your shower. Get out, go to bed. :D

Soups (and I'm not kidding, chicken noodle soup!) will help your congestion feel better and even loosen up some of the congestion plus it helps provide some of the electrolyte replenishment you lose when/if you sweat while sick.

The breakout will improve as you begin to feel better.

Drink lots of water, too.

Sounds more like a cold than flu.

Treat yourself gently; take anti-inflammatories if you need to (for general muscle aches or elevated temps); drink herbal teas. Peppermint is terrific when one has a cold/sore throat/runny nose. Vick's vapo-rub; stick a dollop of that on the wall of your shower, let the hot water run over it a bit; that will send up scented steam. Turn the shower cooler and get in; rub Vick's on your chest and enjoy your shower, rinse off the vicks toward the end of your shower. Get out, go to bed. :D

Soups (and I'm not kidding, chicken noodle soup!) will help your congestion feel better and even loosen up some of the congestion plus it helps provide some of the electrolyte replenishment you lose when/if you sweat while sick.

The breakout will improve as you begin to feel better.

Drink lots of water, too.

Thanks Wynne! :D But I didn't know there was a difference between a cold and a flu. I thought the terms were interchangeable.

And I didn't know its okay to bathe when I have the cold. For some reason, ever since I was little my parents said not to bathe when you have the cold as it lowers your body's resistance.

But the Vick's thing sure sounds like fun :D .

Cold and flu are both caused by a virus (that's about the only similarity!) Flu = HIGH fever. You'll KNOW you have the flu; you won't be sitting at the computer typing, you'll be in bed moaning. You'll have muscle aches and cramping from the fever; you'll feel rotten.

Cold: you'll feel icky but you'll be back to normal within at most two weeks. You might have a fever but it won't be high. You might have a runny nose, some congestion, a cough, sneezing, watery eyes. You might have a bit of an appetite and a bit of thirst. Eat if you're hungry; drink whether you're thirsty or not. :D

Bathing is okay when you're sick, it actually will help you feel better and rinse some of the sweatiness off of you. A warmish shower is best; you don't want one that's too hot. You don't want too many blankets while you're in bed, either, as you want your fever to slowly break or if it is high enough, you want to take an antipyretic like tylenol or ibuprofen. A little bit of fever helps your body fight off infection; it's part of your body's means of getting rid of a foreign invasion. If your temp's above 100, it's fine to treat it. If it is below 100, don't treat it but drink plenty of fluids so that the imperceptible fluid losses will not dehydrate you!

Dehydration is one of the biggest concerns when sick. :) So drink up but not too much. 2-3 liters a day should be fine; and you can include herbal tea in that total.

What kind of world is it that we live in where you are prohibited from bathing :boohoo: !!! Yea, my mom won't allow me to bathe because she is afraid that I will develop a bad chest cold if I do :wacko: . And I haven't bathed in 3 days!!! I feel so icky and stinky