Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandoraboxNY

Fractional laser resurfacing 125$ in NYC??? (Palomar StarLux 500)

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share some information and get some feed backs as well.

I walked by 7th ave another day, in West Village, and noticed an ad on a SPA’s window- “ Acne scar resurfacing ( fraxel technology) 125$ *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Too good to be true, isn’t it? I wrote their phone number and called after. They explained me what they use PALOMAR STARLUX 500 machine, which is pretty much the same as Fraxel, but cheaper. That’s why they charge only 125$. I did some research online and it seems like they are right, that machine is well know as much as FRAXEL. I also found some positive experience with that laser. I even found a few doctors in NYC who charge 1000$ for one treatment using this machine, which is a normal price for FRAXEL.

So, now I wonder if someone have tried this machine and what the results are? I also would like to know about that place more.

Thanks

I am doing fractional 1540 for the last 6 months. the doc was an idiot only did "some scars" but then i changed doc... and ye.... starlux is better than fraxel........ its safe and it takes a year to see full results but one of my scar bled and went completely and the others have changed alot.....

I suggest shop for the best doctor, not the best price. unless of course you know someone who got good results.

dont shop for best price or ul just end up with more problems with wrong doctor then more money

i know a very good doc in london that does it shes good... but not in the US

I’m not in a rush with this procedure , that’s why I created this post… “to share info and get some feedbacksâ€

A good doctor doesn’t mean a good result, but will definitely affect your wallet.

What is the worst scenario for a cheap doctor? More acne? More scars? Does any well trusted doctor guarantee you it won’t happen?

And how many people spent thousands for this treatment and had little improvement?

I just think, it’s not so much to do with the machine or even with the doctor… it’s mostly about how your skin respond to that treatment. I’m not saying anything…. Just thoughts!