Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spotsmcgee

Roaccutane, and a little bit of sillyness

Bout 2wks

Yay half way to my dream haha!

DAY 7: One week down a gazillion more to go. It went fast! Lips are dry, and I'm starting to peel them :shifty: have to stop that as now they hurt and are all red and patchy ick.

mm thats about it, haven't got any new pimples so far so hopefully it only gets better from here and I'm one of the very few lucky people who don't get an IB.

OH, also my skin is soooooooo dang itchy! What to do, I'm trying to resist the urge to touch it? Any tips anyone?

So long for now.

DAY 9:

Lips are soo tight and dry, but not peeling bad just yet. They're at the stage when you just know that chapped lips are around the corner, if that makes sense? It's so uncomfortable! But other than that not much else. Skin was a little peely this morning but nothing I can't handle.

I actually haven't got any new pimples really just some small whiteheads that I normally get, no new big ones. My forehead is free of actives which is amazing, it's so smooth. Maybe I've skipped my IB? But probs still too early to tell...

My hair has been a little dry but that could be the cold weather.

Bye!

Hey, I just read your log and you crack me up! I am starting Accutane on Monday, so you're just a little ahead of me. I'll be checking in on you! Hope your dream comes true this week. :dance:

DAY 10:

Yay I feel like this is an important day as I have started double digits. Ok, I am pondering whether or not to put up some pictures... but I just have so many issues with putting my pics on the internet. What if someone recognises me?! eee

So I have been drinking so much water I can't stop. I'm thirsty allll the time.

I also think I jinxed myself by posting about how I have not got any new pimples coz I woke up this morning with several small whiteheads around my mouth and near my eyebrow. I also got a cyst on the back of my head, not even on my neck or anything but my skull!? And it hurts.

I am sick of dried lips, I don't know why I was ever looking forward to seeing this side effect.

But other than those complaints I'm just dandy.

Gotta go do some homework and a load of washing :rolleyes:

Hope all is well.

DAY 11: I'm gonna stop updating so often, maybe only when new things happen.

Sooo today my lips have officially cracked. In the corners. And it hurts. But my face is still getting it's shine on. What!? How can my lips be so dry but my face be oily? I've also broken out a fair bit on my chin, my cheeks and around my mouth. IB? Possibly.

I've also got a weird red dry patch on the back of my hand. And my hair is not as oily at the end of the day.

As a precaution I've been leave-in-conditioning the crap out of my hair, which although physically impossible, I am managing to do. I do not want dry and frizzy hair in the near future.

My dry lips are so annoying, I thought it would take ages to feel anything but it's hit me like a ton of bricks. But it could be worse.

I have decided to put some photos up so stay tuned I will probably put them up in a couple of days, when I work out how to, and find a camera.

Byee!

DAY 12:

Gah the whites of eyes are going a bit red... but they don't feel dry. I'm not tired so it couldn't be that?

I'm also breaking out like crazy!!!!!

DAY 12:

I'm also breaking out like crazy!!!!!

NOOOOOoooo!

How is your hair doing? is it thick or thin? long or short? I have thin hair and it cant afford to get any thinner..

NOOOOOoooo!

How is your hair doing? is it thick or thin? long or short? I have thin hair and it cant afford to get any thinner..

Hey Ringmaster,

I've got long blonde hair. It's thin but there's a lot of it? If that makes sense? Yeah I'm hoping for the best. I'd be devastated if it started to fall out I'm so attatched to it. But I don't colour my hair or straighten it so I'm hoping that will help. I've also been using a antibreakage shampoo and conditioner and a leave in conditioner, coz when my hair gets dry it breaks quite easily. Im thinking my low dose will lower the chances of such a side effect. As vain as it is, hair loss is the side effect I'm more afraid of haha. Hows your hair going?

So far my hair is kinda dry at the ends, but it's due for a cut and the weathers cold sooo..

Long post about my hair! Enjoy. :clap:

DAY 16:

Hello! I'm over two weeks in, it's going quickly.

My lips are dry and still cracked and sore in the corners.

I'm still breaking out quite a bit

My skins a peeling

I have weird dry red patches on the back of my hands? What do about this anyone?

And at last I think I've become less oily, my face and hair :dance: !!!!

Byee!!

You should really post some pictures up. Who cares if people recognize you, the only way they can find you is if they come to this forums and they probably have acne. A log about accutane with out pictures is silly. Everyone here is very nice. Your log is insanely funny :) GOod luck with everything , I'll keep an eye out for your log.

NOOOOOoooo!

Hey Ringmaster,

I've got long blonde hair. It's thin but there's a lot of it? If that makes sense? Yeah I'm hoping for the best. I'd be devastated if it started to fall out I'm so attatched to it. But I don't colour my hair or straighten it so I'm hoping that will help. I've also been using a antibreakage shampoo and conditioner and a leave in conditioner, coz when my hair gets dry it breaks quite easily. Im thinking my low dose will lower the chances of such a side effect. As vain as it is, hair loss is the side effect I'm more afraid of haha. Hows your hair going?

So far my hair is kinda dry at the ends, but it's due for a cut and the weathers cold sooo..

Long post about my hair! Enjoy. :clap:

Its not that vain, thats pretty much the stopping point for me. If I start to loose hair Im out. It sounds like you need to moisturize your hands more!

Ringmaster: Yeah I agree I won't take hairloss. But hopefully it won't happen for the both of us.

Pedro: Why thankyou, and I think I will put some pictures up, I'll try to take some today.

DAY 17:

I've now got about four dry patches on the back of my hands so I'm gonna buy a really thick moisturiser when I get the chance.

I'm on Day 22 tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that all the peeling, and flaking happened to me early on as well. It's awesome to have so many people dealing with the same thing at the same time. Not that acne is good, but at least we all have a little support system while dealing with it in this site. For the lips I reccommend ROC Endryial.. amazing lipgloss. Lasts long, and really helps with the cracking. Take care, and good luck!

I'm on Day 22 tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that all the peeling, and flaking happened to me early on as well. It's awesome to have so many people dealing with the same thing at the same time. Not that acne is good, but at least we all have a little support system while dealing with it in this site. For the lips I reccommend ROC Endryial.. amazing lipgloss. Lasts long, and really helps with the cracking. Take care, and good luck!

I know! It's great having people who are in the same boat. Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look around and see if I can get it over in aus. Let me know how your course goes. Best wishes.

W00000t! You posted pictures :)

Good luck :)

Yay! I just took a big breath, close my eyes and clicked "Add Reply"...

lmao

eheheh

DAY 18:

Hey internet strangers! I haven't washed my hair in about four days which is a verrry rare thing for me. And today I've come home to a perfectly matte face!!! :dance:

Just a recommendation, don't eat oranges on roaccutane, it stung my lips like crazy.

Also I don't know but I've been a bit overly emotional lately, last night I was watching a doco on salmon and I cried because they swam all that way to lay their eggs and then just died!? It was truly tragic.

But then again I always cry when I watch the cartoon movie Tarzan so maybe I'm just weird, which is more likely...

Farewell

Hey everyone

Got a headache today but have fought it off with water. Also I'm breaking out on the back of my neck. Gah go away acne everybody hates you.

Day 20:

Ahh it seems like yesterday I had just reached double digits... How time flies when your lips are cracked and your skin is peeling.

Got a new symptom to report today. Back pain! :eh: but verrrrry minor back pain and probably caused because I went to the gym today which was when it started. I've also had another mild headache today, probably coz I drank no water. My lips are peeling off like snakeskin. Annnd I think I'm getting a cold. :wall:

Rashes on my hand are healing even though I haven't been moiturising.

Tsk Tsk

Next I post I will make a list of hints to keep hair from drying out. They're pretty helpfull for me.

G'night!

Hey there, just read through your blog. Sounds like you're doing pretty good so far! I'm only on day 3 here, and still waiting for some oil reduction, but I'll probably be praying for oil in a couple weeks so I'll try to enjoy it for now:)

I started with the extreme thirst mere hours after my first dose and it hasn't let up. But whatever, it helps me drink all my water, so I can't really complain.

Thanks for sharing your journey, I'll be reading it!

Hey there, just read through your blog. Sounds like you're doing pretty good so far! I'm only on day 3 here, and still waiting for some oil reduction, but I'll probably be praying for oil in a couple weeks so I'll try to enjoy it for now:)

I started with the extreme thirst mere hours after my first dose and it hasn't let up. But whatever, it helps me drink all my water, so I can't really complain.

Thanks for sharing your journey, I'll be reading it!

Hey Chaoticdreams33 thanks for the post! I'm loving the loss of oil at the moment. People can no longer see their reflection in my forehead. But yeah it'll probably just get drier from here on. Haha I suppose Roaccutane is a good motivation for water drinking. I really am noticing that I get mild headaches when I don't drink enough. Good luck with your course. Do you have a log? If so I'll check in.

DAY 21:

Not much new today, but I feel like the IB has calmed down a bit, touch wood. My Mum said that my skin is looking better but I think it looks the same, and I don't really want to get my hopes up too high, too early.

So I am taking great care of my hair, coz I don't want it to get all dry and break off and split and whatnot. Things that I am doing:

* Only washing my scalp, and the front of my hair, the fringe section, I read somewhere that when you th en rinse the shampoo out it mildy cleans the rest of your hair, I dunno...

* I don't wash all of my conditioner out, I leave a tiiiiny bit in the ends

* I use a leave in contioner that supposedly prevent spil end and dry hair

* I brush my hair really carefully when it's knotty, and brush from the bottom, upwards, don't just push all the knots from top to bottom, if that makes sense.

* Sometimes I use a hair sunscreen, just a bit over the top.

Anyways maybe I'm a bit obsessed with my hair but I don't want it to become a friz, Most of these things work for me :D

I'm plastering my face with Cetaphil moisturising cream as I type.

Oh! Lastly, could someone please tell me off/give me a horror story as to picking while on Roaccutane. I need a slap on the wrist. :doh:

sweatpea92- Yeah I have a log, but I did it in the blog thingy. It made more sense for me at the time. Actually I still sit by my decision. Doesn't get as much traffic, but I mostly just wanted to do it for myself, so that doesn't matter to me. Anyway, the link is in my sig if you want to browse. Not much happening yet though

Thanks for the hair tips!