Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am kind of new to acne.org and I have come across a problem! I tried the icing and neosporin trick and the first night it worked amazingly. Well the second night I did it again but without bandaids because they fell off my face the first night anyway. Well when I woke up this morning the areas around my face where the neosporin was are very red with very small bumbs all around the pimple and the whole area is raised. Does this sound like an allergic reaction to you? Or did my pores just get all clogged up from dirt sticking to the neosporin on my face?

If you used the neosporin ointment it could be clogged pores but it's not likely that you'd notice them that quickly. The raised area COULD be from the neosporin or it could be residual from the bandaid adhesive.

You could try a different type of antibiotic cream; I like Polysporin myself; it has no comedogenic ingredients and rarely causes reactions in anyone.

Thanks for the advice! I bought some polysporin today.. but what should i do with these rash like things i have going on on my face? They are really red now and itchy!

Cool compresses will help; if you're not allergic, things like Claritin or Zyrtec or Benadryl will help. Careful though as some people get really sleepy with some of those meds! Always read the package instructions and never take differently than directed, or more than directed, or if you're allergic.

I would also avoid bandaids on the face for now, just in case. Definitely no more neosporin, either. :)

Good luck and hope you get better fast!