Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bender

Accutane advice about remission..please take a look =x

22 male,below is some of my stories..i did accutane treatment for 4 months,just 10mg perday then i stopped for around 3 until 4 months.my face looked really horrible before,but it's get better after the four months course.I thought my acne won't come back again,but my hunch didn't comes truth ..i'm having acne problem again for last two months,i tried some regimen to control but it's not really work for me.When i was considering to take a look with dermatologist again,simultaneosly i tried to figure it out why the treatment doesn't put my acne in remission.At last i find out that i need to finish the course according to my weight,120mg x 62kg=7440mg.It's confuse me alot because the previos doctor never told me this info before,so i've decide to try the other doc.The latest dermatologist that i've visited gave me the same prescription,10mg per day but he consulted me to take it around 24 months for the best result..i knew that i can finish the course with no mistake according my weight at this time but i'm still afraid that low dose assure nothing,and my acne never in remission.I questioned a nurse about my confuse at the second time i went there,anyway she just told me listen to what doc said and be patient seem this treatment need months to get result.So i just started my 2nd accutane journey for around 4 weeks,my lip dry and swallon as before so i think accutane still work even just 10mg?my nose and forehead no more oily,but there is still some big breakout..but it's no pus like the first time of my badly breakout.Should i take the low dose 10mg for two years as doc told me or it's safer if i ask for adding?Alot of previous acne had permanent damaged my face and left scars,i hope this 2nd time course can help me thoroughly to put my acne remission.I know this is a long post,and my english gramma sux..really appreciate those who read this and giving me some answers or advices as well,thanks alot have a nice day.

absolutely agree,2 years is a LOOOOOONG time =_= anyway thanks for ur replied,i'll ask the derm to increase dose at the next time when i go there to buy accutane..

You can increase it to 20mg/day and take it for a year I suppose. I took it for 8 months and I'm still acne free to this day and its been over a year already.

You can increase it to 20mg/day and take it for a year I suppose. I took it for 8 months and I'm still acne free to this day and its been over a year already.

First thanks for ur replied , and congrates about your remission :surprised: may i know your weight and how mg u took it for a day?I'm still having breakout around my forehead,a little bit on cheek and upper of neck..i've took accutane 10mg/day for 5 weeks.Seem i'm just in low dose,i would like to know normally it's take how long to see an improvement?