Anyone tried to do ...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone tried to do moisturizer before BP?

MemberMember
(@alfoxo)

Posted : 05/10/2009 9:14 pm

Hi. I have been on the regimen for nearly 4 months and it has gotten me pretty much acne-free. I have successfully moved down to 1 pump twice a day and it seems like this is probably as low as I'll go with it.

Unfortunately, I still have flakiness issues...so I was wondering if anyone has tried to cleanse, and then when your face is still moist, put on moisturizer. And then wait for it to dry, and use BP. I guess the idea behind it is to trap moisture into your skin.

Has anyone tried this, if you have does the regimen still work for you, and did it help get rid of flakiness?

Right now I'm just doing it at night when I do the regimen, and hoping that I'll stay clear. If I do, I'll try doing it both times I do the regimen a day.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 05/10/2009 9:19 pm

I'm pretty sure some people have tried it, and I'm sure it works for some of them. If you want to try it, you can. But bear in mind that by applying moisturizer first, you're creating a bit of a barrier between your skin and the BP, so it might not absorb as well.

MemberMember
(@alfoxo)

Posted : 05/12/2009 4:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to update my progress weekly here to let you guys know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@alfoxo)

Posted : 05/15/2009 6:00 am

So I'm approaching a week on this. Some things have changed:

Redness has faded a lot. Seems like my face is a lot less red.

Flakiness has gone down, minimally. I would say it's just a little better.

Red marks seem to have gone down a fair amount. I don't know if it's because the redness in my face is gone, or the fact that after I wash my face the first thing I put on is EVOO and moisturizer directly on my skin..but it's better I think.

Haven't broke out, we'll see where this goes.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 05/15/2009 6:03 am

I've been using extra virgin olive oil to help with any hyperpigmentation I get for the better part of a year, now. If your red marks are fading, I'd be willing to bet that it's because of the olive oil.

I'm glad things are working out for you so far! : )

MemberMember
(@buffered)

Posted : 05/15/2009 11:26 am

u mean the extra virgin olive oil u buy in supermarkets and u apply em to the dark spots cest?

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 05/15/2009 11:31 am

Yup. There's actually a whole thread about it: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/works-fad...ks-t221163.html

MemberMember
(@vartoooza)

Posted : 05/23/2009 8:24 am

how is it going alfoxo??

MemberMember
(@for-you)

Posted : 05/24/2009 4:35 pm

just do it in right way and in regular routine to get the best effect

MemberMember
(@alfoxo)

Posted : 05/25/2009 9:54 pm

how is it going alfoxo??

I had to stop doing it this way because I began to break out. I think it's been a week or so and I have been slowly getting back to normal. I lowered my BP use to about 3/4 of a pump which is basically the same in my problem areas, just less where I don't breakout. The flakes seemed to get better early on, but after awhile I noticed they had regressed to where they were before :(. I'm just doing some light exfoliation twice a week when needed and it's been working great. I thought my skin tone looked a little off when using moisturizer before BP, as well.. Redness in my face is still hit and miss, but still present a lot of the time. I'm just gonna keep on tweaking this until I am comfortable, but unfortunately moisturizer before BP wasn't for me..

EVOO is great though, I have been using it for about 2 months.

I am also thinking about dumping the acne.org moisturizer, it makes my face look so oily. I hate it! So I'm gonna be changing that up soon too. We'll see, good luck to anyone of you who try this.

MemberMember
(@xandrine)

Posted : 11/07/2009 11:03 am

I've read somewhere in a cosmetic site that when you experience more stinging while applying moisturizer after the BP, you can reverse the order of application. (I tried it because the moisturizer i'm using, when applied, stings so much)

I'm sorry it's a bit too late for answering but it caught my interest. For the past 3 days, i've been applying moisturizer first and it feels better. Lesser sting for me as compared to applying the BP first (i'm only on my 13th day of the regimen--modified version, not dan's products--). I'm sorry it didn't work for you.

MemberMember
(@positiveattitude)

Posted : 04/10/2013 5:46 pm

applying moisturizer before treatment worked for me. I dont see how reversing the two will make anything different. If your skin is still absorbing the bp, it's going to work just as well. The only way I see it not being as effective is if the BP is sitting on top of your skin instead of absorbing. As long as it's absorbed, you should be fine :)

MemberMember
(@msb)

Posted : 04/14/2013 11:06 pm

I have tried exfoliating with jojoba and baking soda before applying BP when I notice excessive flaking and drying. It has helped.