Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MonarchX

Head & Shoulders is my cure - what other solutions would you recommend?

Holy crap am I happy. I had time periods when I thought I got rid of acne but it was because I popped them and it took 2 weeks to develop them again.

This time I popped nothing. I simply used Head & Shoulders for face and body and hair. I used Axe Detailer spunge and gently but firmly applied to body and even face.

Head & Shoulders prevented any new acne from coming up, brought deep acne to surface on both face and body. I used to get red bumps on my neck after shaving. This is also gone! I have clear skin!!!! OMFG! I also just KNOW this isn't a temporary thing

It does dry skin, but I sure as hell would rather have dry skin and apply moisturizer than suffer from acne!

It doesn't make sense though! Its a shampoo, not designed for skin like that! I used same spunge but with other non-comedogenic cleansers, which clogged my skin big time! WTF?

To be honest I do not want to screw around with other solutions since this one works like a charm, but what could it be? Zinc?

Could you recommend something that would be better than H&S based on the fact that it works well for me? None of the Cetaphil products worked for me...bumps kept coming!

Congratz on your success! Can I just ask what type of acne you have? Inflammatory or non-inflammatory? I'd like to try this out for myself

Congratz on your success! Can I just ask what type of acne you have? Inflammatory or non-inflammatory? I'd like to try this out for myself

Non-inflammatory. I never had inflammatory acne in my life. I just had real clogged up pores and it would get inflamed if I screw with it.

Im curious on your whole regimen with it....i've heard of this used and work great for people.

In the morning, if I have time, I take a hot shower and use H&S on body and face. I do apply my Axe Detailer (awesome spunge!) firmly. It even hurts a bit when I rub my neck and face, but it never leaves any pimples. 20 minutes later I apply moisturizer to dry spots on body. I do the same thing in the evening.

If I don't have time for morning shower, I use Clearasil Ultra pads to get rid of excess skin in the morning and throughout the day. I do know that these pads were worthless when I used Cetaphil, which clogged my pores. I am pretty damn that I don't even need them. I never applied them to body and yet acne on body is gone just from that magical shampoo!