Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey!

I'm 17 years old and have suffered with acne for five or six years. Of course there have been times where my skin has cleared up over these past few years, but the acne always seems to come back worse than ever. A few months ago my doctor recommended Acne.org to me and I have finally started Dan's Regimen :)

I've been on the regimen for about 48 hours now and I hope I'm not speaking too soon when I say I haven't faced any of the extreme drying and flaking that others have experienced. I'll probably wake up tomorrow morning without a face just because I'm saying it, but I'm desperate to not be held back by my acne any longer.

My Regimen:

Morning:

-Dan's Cleanser

-Dan's BP

-Dan's Mosturizer

Night:

-Same

-50 mg Zinc Caplet

My skin seems to already be improving, but hopefully it's not all in my head. Hopefully I'll be able to keep reporting good results!

See ya soon! :cool:

Hello,

I was on the regimen about 2 years ago but then went on Accutane, which did wonders.

I am going to go back on the regimen now as well, to hopefully prevent these few spots i've been having.

Good luck! :dance:

Day 5

Thankfully, I have not experienced any extreme drying or flaking. A little bit of dryness around my jawline and nose, but it isn't visible. I just have to ignore the slight itch. My skin might be a tiny bit red, but nothing anyone would really notice without staring at me for a long time... which would only be entirely creepy :ninja:

My forehead is looking a lot better (at least from what I can tell) which is encouraging. That was where my acne started years ago. My cheeks and temples could be better and I'm sure I'll think that for a long time to come. I'm dying to up the BP amount for more results, but I'm going to do my best to hold off and not increase it too soon. Avoiding the flakiness, redness, and irritation I have read about from others is the ideal situation.

Still taking my Zinc supplements. Hopefully they're helping but since I haven't been having any major issues I'll just keep with it for consistency. I've also been a lot more careful about sweating lately (ew!) to avoid any breakouts. As the name obviously tells you, I dance everyday and I try to run everyday too so sweating is something I can't avoid completely.

Hopefully I won't be jinxed by my excitement over my results so far!

Fingers crossed for you dancer!

Like everyone says, you'll probably notice a purge after a few weeks and then the regular breakouts you used to get will still come but they'll be slower in their attack :ninja: .

Dont worry about jinxing yourself - its all about baby steps and celebrating each time you notice a change or improvement.

Take care and good luck!

Marti

Day 5

Thankfully, I have not experienced any extreme drying or flaking. A little bit of dryness around my jawline and nose, but it isn't visible. I just have to ignore the slight itch. My skin might be a tiny bit red, but nothing anyone would really notice without staring at me for a long time... which would only be entirely creepy :ninja:

My forehead is looking a lot better (at least from what I can tell) which is encouraging. That was where my acne started years ago. My cheeks and temples could be better and I'm sure I'll think that for a long time to come. I'm dying to up the BP amount for more results, but I'm going to do my best to hold off and not increase it too soon. Avoiding the flakiness, redness, and irritation I have read about from others is the ideal situation.

Still taking my Zinc supplements. Hopefully they're helping but since I haven't been having any major issues I'll just keep with it for consistency. I've also been a lot more careful about sweating lately (ew!) to avoid any breakouts. As the name obviously tells you, I dance everyday and I try to run everyday too so sweating is something I can't avoid completely.

Hopefully I won't be jinxed by my excitement over my results so far!

Hullo!

As bronzeneo was saying, while you're beginning the DKR regimen initial breakouts are common as well as instant results. Everybody's skin reacts differently, that's just how it is. As for your zinc supplements, it usually takes a few months before any noticeable improvements happen and by then, most of the work would have been done by the regimen anyways. However, zinc has been known to help with dealing with acne so I would continue to keep taking them.

In my own experiences with using different BP amounts, (I've been on Dan's regimen since about May of last year and got remarkably clear with it as well) one pump is entirely sufficient and will save you time/money/effort in the long run. I saw absolutely no beneficial results in using 2 pumps besides added irritation and dryness/discomfort. Besides, using one pump will make a 16oz bottle last almost forever.

Anyways, continue with what you're doing and the results, I think, will be something you're happy about.

Thanks so much for all of the advice! I've been sick so I missed an application or two, but nothing unfortunate in the subject of flakiness and drying to report (RELIEF!)

The right side of my face (your left) looks much better than my right at the moment (one guess to which ovary fired up...annoying). You could seriously draw a line down the center of my face separating the breakout from the improvements. But improvements, unbalanced as they are, are fine with me. If my left side (your right!) is just purging itself, I'll take it.

I'll update again soon (now that my internet was turned back on ;) )

Thanks again for the responses!!