Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

should I take 50mg of zinc plus fish oil?

my acne has improved over 40 days on my purpose cleanser, neutrogena on the spot, and neutrogena for combination skin regimen.

should I add 50mg of zinc plus fish oil? or just zinc? whats best?

I use them both. 50mg of zinc and 1000mg fish oil. It really makes my skin look alot better. And they won't hurt you...so don't worry about that. They are good to take even without being acne prone.

thanks guys, I was leaning towards both just needed more oppinions.

if I do it I hope I dont break out

Has anyone tried GNC hair, skin & nail formula? Does it work on curing acne ? My friend recommended it to me, it also contains Zn

Ryan,

If you are still planning to take the multi we've been discussing via PM, keep in mind that you are adding much more zinc to a multi that already has zinc in it. Maybe take 1/2 that zinc tablet. And be sure to take with food.

yeah take those supplements they're awesome.

i take 25 mg of zinc in the morning (high doses can be toxic) and 4 fish oil's.

at night just 4 fish oils.

why so many fish oils? it's not really ment for curing acne, the anti-inflammatory factor is only noticable in high doses - i think so anyway

Ryan,

If you are still planning to take the multi we've been discussing via PM, keep in mind that you are adding much more zinc to a multi that already has zinc in it. Maybe take 1/2 that zinc tablet. And be sure to take with food.

I think im only going to take zinc and fishoil. down the road I may drop the zinc tablet and take the multivitamin with the fish oil

Fish Oil is good. but Zinc I have my doubts. it's never done anything for me except fill my face with tiny little bumps that sometimes get infected and become big pimples.

I take Fish oil along with other stuff and as soon I droppped zionc out of the line up I've been seing some real good results.

i guess it all depends on everyones skin. zinc is supposedly best for hormonal stuff. and im 15 which is why i think it could help me.

i use both

am

2 fish oil

1 multi with 15 mg zinc

pm w/ food

2 fish oil

1 30 mg zinc

no idea if they actually work, but i have gotten a lot better using these and DKR

I don't know if it's the fish oil that I'm taking or the zinc or the topical medicines, but SOMETHING is finally working for me, and this all happened around the time that I started taking 50mg zinc / 4 fish oil tablets. My skin is looking great (I can't believe I can finally say that!) and everyone is noticing. I have not had any inflammatory acne since I started, and within a week my skin was ultimately clear. Do it!