Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I am updating since I last posted on here. It turned out that Differin gel was not working for me..so the doctor switched me to Retin-A. The Duac was working for me, but we still decided that it should be used in conjunction with Retin-A for my scarred skin with large pores. I am on Retin-A for a week and a half and I haven't noticed much difference in my texture. In fact, some days my skin is oilier and my pores looks bigger. I have unleveled skin with a rough texture mostly on the left cheek area. Would Retin-A eventually fix that???? The doctor talked about giving me chemical peels in the fall after the retin-a but I was wondering if the retin-a will help a great deal first with the unleveled, rough, oily skin.

hm. ive been on retin A for a couple months, check out my thread in the scars section. I have read several positive reviews all of which, however, state that it does take time. 4-6 months? im not sure. I have picture in my thread and you can notice a subtle difference in texture and im not sure if its the duac or the retin-a but my breakouts heal much faster. Your definately going to have to give it some time but have faith. Good luck, and dont give up.

It took about 6 weeks for me to start seeing some subtle changes when I started Retin-A. However, I started using it with the Obagi Nu-Derm system and have stayed on the Retin-A since. Its very easy to give up soon after starting Retin-A.....the excess oil, initial purge, the constant peeling. However, it all subsides!

As for the scaring (pre-chemical peel), the Retin-A helped to 'soften' the edges of my scars. It has also greatly improved some fine lines (I am 29 years old).

I had a 3 layer blue peel done in the beginning of April and for the first 3 weeks I thought I looked worse. But, in the past couple weeks I continue to see gradual positive

improvement.

Good luck and I hope that helps!