Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone. Little background. Had acne since I was 13, very large cysts always covered my face. I am 47 year old woman and still breakout from time to time (doing dan's program and has helped alot). My youngest child is going to college in the fall and I thought it would be a good chance to get a part time job. I sent my resume out to a few companies and I did get a phone interview. The lady who interviewed me was very excitied about my background and my college education. She scheduled an interview with the branch manager of the bank the next day. I went for the interview and aced all the questions that were asked of me. I dressed conservatively and smiled throughout. Well I didn't get the job now I am wondering if it is because of the scars on my face. I have always been self conscious but thought that I was over all that, but it still keeps coming back to me even at this age of my life. I can't put it out of my mind that because of the apperance of my skin I didn't get the job. Also I am very fit and very slim and don't look my age so what else could it be? Everytime I am rejected I hate myself a little more.

I'm sorry you didn't receive the job, that would be hard ot go through. :(

The fact is, you could have been rejected for several reasons. I know that companies like experience, and you seem as if you haven't had much work experience in the past few years. From what I've heard, they like recent experience as well.

I would bet that it's not because of your scars, whatever the reason. I don't know job etiquette, but could you not contact the supervisor/boss/executive, whomever gave you the interview, and perhaps inquire as to why you didn't get the job?

Good luck, I know you'll find something eventually! :)

I don't think the acne scars was the reason you didn't get the job. It could be many other reasons. I'd recommend simply asking why.

I'm very sorry you feel bad about acne scars. You aren't alone, many people have that problem or worse. I wish you the best of luck.

Try not to worry these things happen the reason was probably entirely different just that we are our own worst critics, things will get better

acne scars and an interview, does acne ruin your chances to a successful interview

It depends so the job, sadly it doesn't help, but that isn't an excuse. Most people will not get replies to their CV's, without even seeing your face.

I tihnk there is discrimination, but it is subconscious. A new mall in my area is just full of young loolking handsome employees, kinda lame

Just be confident

it can definitely hurt your chances. people like to be around attractive people because they make assumptions about them such as they are more fun and nice. i dont think someone with scars will lose to a less qualified person in the job search. yet, if everything is equal (education, experience etc.), the uglier person will lose out 99% of the time to the more attractive one.