Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Everly

THE FINAL BATTLE: MASTURBATION and ACNE

Hey everyone,

I've been dealing with mild-moderate acne in my T-Zone and on the back for about 8 years already. Fortunately, i've discovered clindamycin (btw, an antibiotic) and later BP, which really helped improving my skin a lot and reducing acne problems almost to zero. So now i've got just little stretches and little imperfections which are not seen at all when my skin gets enough moisture.

But still - from time to time, there's a whitehead or a little breakout appearing on my T-Zone and back.

Looking through acne materials and making personal experiments a lot helped me to find a root cause, a real connection, which had a profound influence on me. That was - masturbation. The frequency of masturbation does really influence my skin appearance. And as far as i believe this can also imply to a lot of other people out there. Not to everyone, because each single individual is different, but to a quite big amount of acne-sufferers out there.

Denying that or saying that's a myth - is the simplest thing you can do, and it might be true for yourself, but not for a lot of others. So please try to perceive with understanding.

Ok.

I've seen people here on the boards practicing real celibate, absolute sex and masturbation extradition from their personal lives. Guys, THAT IS TOTALLY CRAZY!!! Realize that. You gotta live in harmony with your sexual side and not reject it completely.

So why does masturbation cause acne in male species ;).

1 - Erection causes the testosterone and other hormone levels really flow.

2 - Ejaculation forces testosterone to an incredible high levels.

3 - Extra testosterone almost every single time converts to DHT (dehydro-testosterone), which reduces some protective abilities in your body (to complicated to list em here) and practically makes your skin 30 times more oily than usual and in some cases might lead to hair loss. The hormonal imbalance makes your body produce more DHT.

3 - Sperm development takes a little part (like 8%) from the key nutrients that u consume on a daily basis (like Vitamin A, C, Zinc and others)

Hormonal imbalance does usually occur in younger guys (12-23 years old).

The thing is - if u quit masturbating at all - your sex energy (esoterically speaking) will be overwhelming, because of the excessive sperm in your body and your brain will make you release it, either you want it or you don't - resulting in wet dreams.

But if you masturbate a lot - like 2-3 times a day - u are giving yourself an acne sentence.

Having sex makes a difference, because of the liquids both partners bodies produce and really it can reduce acne to none (mainly in cases with the hormonal imbalance caused by maturing). So for some sex is the real cure.

But if it's not or, for instance, you like self-gratification like me anyway - here is my method.

I believe in moderation. And this is how it works:

1. Masturbation itself doesn't really change a thing, but the ejaculation does.

One of the greatest books on sex (Daos secrets of love by Mantek Chia) offered the following advice - for guys of the age 17-25 cumming only once in four days.

It also gives a list of scientific proves on that - the more we cum, the less "smart" we become.

But if you want to pleasure yourself anyway - you might wank anytime, but u gotta stop at the peak point. There are some good practical ways of feeling orgasm without sperm shown in the book. Get it if you want more detail. It's worth the money.

I personally believe it is that important - our western culture doesn't take such things in consideration at all.

2. If you did cum anyway - here's a list of things you should do:

- DO NOT WORRY! Nervousness releases the hormone called cortisol in your body, which kills the protein production in cells and helps DHT spread.

- Pop up a zinc pill right away (i personally take gluconate)

- Exercise before or after (weight lifting, aerobics or dancing - might really balance all the hormonal stuff in your body for a while)

- Drink a lot of water and preferably GREEN TEA. Green tea as an anti-oxidant is one of the main fighters with DHT.

- If you are really conscious about that: you might wanna try some additional nutrients like DHT-Blockers.

- Try to wank just before you are going to sleep. It helps in hormonal stabilization a lot and dramatically reduces consequences, sometimes to none.

3. Try practicing Yoga, breathing exercises and meditation - they turn sexual tension into your benefit, really. Using right techniques you can actually spread the sexual energy through your whole body. So you can become an alchemist of your own hormones.

4. Stop experimenting with crappy and highly advertised medicaments. The only things you really need is BP, facewash with salicylic acid, exfoliator and a moisturizer (you can also use a sun tan). For a better nutrition take a multi-vitamin once a day.

I appreciate your attention, guys.

I got to agree with majority of what you've said, although I'm not sure how having sex is better than masturbation for your acne.

For those who don't want to drink green tea, a hot cocoa is even better!!

A cup of cocoa came out on top. Their study found it was twice as rich in antioxidants as a glass of red wine, up to three times richer than a cup of green tea and up to five times richer than black tea.

Thanks for posting this... It pisses me off how a perfect diet has no effect at all on my acne. Eating all those veggies etc sure made my skin a lot nicer but the acne is still there. It must be the wanking... Sometimes I feel like cutting my balls off.

haha, I love how nature tells our bodies its time to start looking to reproduce in teenage years, but then then it turns into a d-bag in a lifted pickup that cuts you off, gives you a flat tire, and then flips you off with acne. *sigh*. ...It's sad. Kinda funny when you think about it like that. But sad.

Note: No offense to any d-bags that cut people off while driving lifted pickup trucks.

-Mat

I have noticed this is one of my main causes of acne as well, and the bad results start coming after about 2 days for me. Now, does someone already have to have acne to get breakouts from too much sex and masturbation? My ex was a total slut and her skin was always perfect.. (sorry for the language)

No -- ANY erection will probably cause severe acne.

Top tip: don't eat, drink, sleep, move, or breathe either. They all give you spots...

So...what's your theory for women? Can a woman who masterbates alot make acne worse?

Just curious.Not that I...do that :whistle:

Agreed. But it should be the same right? Because hormones in women are just as um, raging...?

Reminds me of that movie 40 days 40 nights :lol: that was a good film

i might try giving it a rest for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

But they don't shoot out all their zinc every time they have happy time.

So...what's your theory for women? Can a woman who masterbates alot make acne worse?

Just curious.Not that I...do that :whistle:

I really doubt it. For two years after my accutane course my skin was perfect, and I was having more sex than i've ever had in my life.

Guest missyjean130

The times I have the LEAST acne is when I have a bf and am having sex like a crazed bunny.

I've never extensively experimented with this correlation though.

No -- ANY erection will probably cause severe acne.

Top tip: don't eat, drink, sleep, move, or breathe either. They all give you spots...

lmao!!! I'm with this guy. Ok the point of getting rid of acne is so you can get on with your life and be happy, right? Well sex makes me happy....and... makes lots of people happy...

so... keep the sex rolling :dance:

The times I have the LEAST acne is when I have a bf and am having sex like a crazed bunny.

I've never extensively experimented with this correlation though.

That sounds like a fun theory to try...the things ya gotta do in the name of science! :dance: