Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i guess i'm the fortunate one here.. i've only suffered for 7 months. had consistent clear skin up until i turned 21 then it all went down hill :( not sure what happened.

I'm in the same boat, had perfectly clear skin up until 4 monthes ago (I'm also 21)... Still haven't figured out a solution, have you by any chance? Want to share?!

i wish i could say that i have, but i have not. i'm trying to figure out the cause as well. alcohol maybe? even though my drinking habits really didn't change once i became of age. my doctor has me on doryx and zaina gel and while they seem to help, they arent really curing anything. it gets really frustrating when you're not used to it :(

I have suffered from acne for most of my teen years from age 12-19 (now) although it has cleared up alot in the last year. So thats 7 years of my life that i've had this condition, just wondered how long everybody else has suffered and how you feel about it?

11 Years I've suffered, I started a new regimen, no 'amazing' results so far, but I'm going to be patient and give this some time. I'm turning 24 in a few weeks, I really thought it'd be gone by now :(

I started breaking out into 1 or 2 pimples when I was 16. Then gradually my skin started getting more and more oily and number of pimples also increased...I am 29 now. Until about 25, acne didnt really bother me because I thought it was just normal part of growing up and I had read on many sites that most people outgrow acne by 25. But after that, it started really frustrating me, but I am taking medication for it whereas before 25, I never did. My dad also has oily skin and had acne until about 25. But his skin is still kinda oily even at 56...but I guess the pores are so large that acne can't form. I wish they would invent something to destroy the sebaceous glands on the face, we dont really need so much sebum!

i guess i'm the fortunate one here.. i've only suffered for 7 months. had consistent clear skin up until i turned 21 then it all went down hill :( not sure what happened.

I'm in the same boat, had perfectly clear skin up until 4 monthes ago (I'm also 21)... Still haven't figured out a solution, have you by any chance? Want to share?!

I'm going to sound like a broken record here; but have you tried a change in diet? That's been the closest thing to a cure for me and I've practically had all the topicals and pills out there barring the infamous Accutane. My skin used to be moderately severe but some lifestyle changes and reading up on nutrition and what not really made a noticeable difference. However nowadays I have different set of problems to deal with lol; my skin has developed rosecea (facial redness) and there's always the ongoing scars and red-marks here and there to contend with. I rarely get white heads and never get the huge angry inflammed lumps that I once did, which to me is definitely a decent step forward. And, there's also the added bonus of other health complaints clearing up, which I guess is quite good too ;) For me I got rid of my asthma, digestive problems, headaches and sleeping difficulties - not to shabby really.

I wish they would invent something to destroy the sebaceous glands on the face, we dont really need so much sebum!
If you had no sebaceous glands, your face would literally be stripped of its skin due to the extreme dryness.

Be careful what you wish for, LOL :dance:

I started getting acne at 11 and now I'm 23 and I still have it. I'm finally on Ro-Accutane so hopefully that works. I'll always have the scars to remind me though and feel very bitter about that.

4 years now!. With the last two years being the worst. Though my acne is gone now because of diet and DUAC gel I still have severe red scars.

Same perfectly clear until 21...then boooyakasha acne.., now im 23 and still dealing with this shit...tried almost everything: accutane,antibiotics,diet,topical, nothing worked.... weird thing is , i only get it on my forehead...dunno why...

well, i stopped searching for a cure...

i only wash my face twice a day with water only and moisturize afterwards (since my skin is still dry from the shitcutane ) that's it..

my diet is still very good though for bodybuilding reasons, but once a week i go crazy with all the shit i want (cookies,ice cream,pizza,chocolate,baguette etc.) - i stay away from nuts though...

i guess we are just the lucky ones... :clap:

started getting ance when i turned 17 im 39 now & still fighting it.it controled a big part of my life because i dont like being seen when im brokeout.im on my 3rd month of accutane its working but just not fast anuff for me.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY

Well i have suffered since i was in primary school aged 10-11 and i am now 21, so 10-11 years, half my life i have had spots and they still arent going anywhere!!!!

somethimes i feel like they will never go! I have just joined this site and i am determined to get rid of them once and for all!

ive been reading up on all the advice i need from this website, its ace!!!

I have suffered over 3 years now.. First 2 years wasn't that bad just mild acne but last 1 year was pretty bad as I developed some moderate acne as well.. Now it has started to get better thanks to the extra efforts I'm putting.. I'm determined to get rid of it forever :)

Oh god.

I guess this makes it four years, now.

I've had acne since the fifth grade. I remember having to wear concealer and not even know what I was doing... I had orange spots all over my face! :lol:

Ahh... I also remember in fifth grade telling a boy that I really liked that I'd be a model some day and he'd regret not going out with me. Can't say that dream is possible of ever happening now...

To be little again... what I would do. Oh jeez.

Oh god.

I guess this makes it four years, now.

I've had acne since the fifth grade. I remember having to wear concealer and not even know what I was doing... I had orange spots all over my face! :lol:

Ahh... I also remember in fifth grade telling a boy that I really liked that I'd be a model some day and he'd regret not going out with me. Can't say that dream is possible of ever happening now...

To be little again... what I would do. Oh jeez.

you may still get your dream one day....nothing is set in stone :)

It all started at the innocent age of 11 and peaked during the high school years and continues to this very day. Its funny how I can stop and think back to old memories of growing up and school and I can remember the location of a zit or scar that plagued me at that time. I even sometimes see a scar and remember a story that correlates with it, although when telling the story I leave the acne part out. Yup, from proactiv to neutragena to weekly facials to avoiding people. A lot of history in those 14 years.

for me, It started with 2-3 pimples at 15 and started getting really severe around age 17.... Up until now at 22; Where its the most clearest its been in a long time but still have a bit to go yet. Though, I think I had back acne starting alittle earlier than 15..

So, that makes it atleast 7 years for me then..

8 years for me. The last 2 years didnt really have many spots, were mainly red marks and indented scars. Kinda debilitating too zzz. In fact, I feel scars are even worse than acne, seeing how acne can end but scars can never be removed.

For me, since I was 13 and I'm now 20. Also I had VERY severe acne. I mean that, like, my face was just a mass of red lumps for 4 years. I was clear for a couple of months (because life is so kind like that lol) then it came back, although mildly. This is the first time in forever I have been on this forum again, because my acne has gone from a couple of spots to big, red, sore cysts agian, although no where near as bad as it was. Just on my neck for some reason... hopefully it either finally clears.. but praying it doesn't get worse again. I live in constant fear. I feel like after the last 2 or 3 years have been spent building up my confidence I would hate to lose it all again... :( X

10 years and still going strong; started off mild when I was 11, and is moderate at 21. I wouldn't say I'm "suffering" from acne any more, though. My acne has gotten worse and is scarring, but I'm growing out of the self-pity phase.

I got it, if I'm remembering correctly, around the time I started menstruating (eeewww groooosss). So that was about 12 years old. I'm 21 now. Like 12 in reverse, woo. Nine years. Nine bumpy years. It's gone back and forth between mild and moderate, but it's always been there. When everyone had it, it made me feel slightly better. But when all my friends started clearing up around 19 and 20, and mine was the same.... bluh. Sadface.

My skin. It cannot be tamed!