Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sugar_Spell_It_Out

Perfume attacks...

I have this problem where very rarely I'll accidentally get perfume on my face when I'm spraying it on myself. I'm always very careful not to spray perfume on my skin, it goes on my clothes but if I accidentally gets on my face and even if I rush to the bathroom to wash it off, I'm 100% guaranteed to have roaring red, sore and itchy welts under my skin and they take ages to come to the surface, like weeks. Does anyone else have this kind of reaction and what can I do if it happens that I get perfume on my skin to make sure I don't get these horrendous spots?

You can take Claritin or Zyrtec over the counter. Or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) at night as it makes many people really sleepy. It knocks me out. Any one of those products helps with allergic reactions.

Perhaps you shouldn't wear perfume if you have that type of reaction though. Those types of reactions can proceed to something more dangerous (swelling of the throat).

You can take Claritin or Zyrtec over the counter. Or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) at night as it makes many people really sleepy. It knocks me out. Any one of those products helps with allergic reactions.

Perhaps you shouldn't wear perfume if you have that type of reaction though. Those types of reactions can proceed to something more dangerous (swelling of the throat).

I'm usually extremely careful only to wear it on my clothes. Perfume is one of my passions. I adore it so I'd never go without it. Perhaps I should bet one of the products you mentioned. I never thought about using an anti-allergy product.

Spray the perfume on your clothes prior to getting into them; that might help, too.

Spray the perfume on your clothes prior to getting into them; that might help, too.

Good idea! Do you have sensitive skin Sugar_Spelt_It_Out

Good idea! Do you have sensitive skin Sugar_Spelt_It_Out

@ Wynne...fantastical idea...I'd never have thought to do that!

Yeah my skin reacts to everything and unfortunately not in a good way. Even the sun makes me break out (I live in Ireland so I don't have to worry about this much). I've been really really taking care of myself this year, gym several times a week, eating all-natural food as much as possible, lots of fruits and veggies and still no change to my skin. Thankfully it's not severe acne but it's still noticable. You'd think with all the advances in medcine that somebody somewhere would have found a way to take care of skin...

Im in the same boat. I am sensitive to a lot of ingredients in products, I have very red cheeks all the time (probably dermatitis), I sunburn easily, and the cold winds of San Francisco really doesnt like my skin.

I've started drinking Willow Water which is apparently high in salysilic (sp) acid naturally. I spend lots of time and money tugging at anything that might work but last week I went right back to basics. Cleanse with olive soap and put Sudocrem on my zits. It works a treat but only for a while. And it makes my skin quite dry so I need a new moisturiser. I was using the dermalogica range but that stopped working after a few months too. **sigh**

Order the cranberry cream from face reality skincare clinic, the one willow569 goes to. I love this moisturizer and coming from me, that says a lot. I hate moisturizers.

Order the cranberry cream from face reality skincare clinic, the one willow569 goes to. I love this moisturizer and coming from me, that says a lot. I hate moisturizers.

**makes mental note** Thanks, I might try that out. It's not heavy or anything, is it? I can't handle anything too rich.

**makes mental note** Thanks, I might try that out. It's not heavy or anything, is it? I can't handle anything too rich.

It is thick but it doesnt contain any comedogenic ingredients. If my skin is ultra sensitive, Im sure yours could handle it too

They only ship this product to the US...boo....