Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jim_Accutane_User

Thinking about a second course

So I went on accutane 60 or 80 mg a day I forget... I believe it was 80 and my acne went away for the last month and for maybe 4-6 months afterwards... it has since slowly returned and while better than before (on minocyclin and benzaclin) I still have some acne problems as well as my skin getting dry from the benzaclin... I also find that i have trouble with acne in other places like my chest or back... I was wondering how many people have gone on a second course and my doctor told me it "starts working right away unlike last time" is that correct? For those that have gone on a second course does it stay away for longer than the first time? I originally did 5-6 months on the medicine, are 3 months enough for it to be effective a second time around (PS: it has been 1 year and about 8 months since I stopped it)

Thanks for the help!

i had my first course in 2000 and acne only came back in 2008. It is mainly cystic and it is probably only clasified as mild but no antibiotics helped so i was prescribed roaccutane 11 days ago. If you are thinking about going on a second course you might as well do it, no point thinking about it for four months when by then you could have finished a second course and have great skin again

How long are you going on your second course for?

has it started to work quickly?

im 2 weeks and 4 days into the course, think it will be 15-16 weeks in total. its got rid of the cysts i had but new one have appeared, these were probably cysts there were going to appear over the next few months and the accutane is bringing them out now, isnt it supposed to? a kind of purging. even at that it is looking so much better, no doubt will be clear soon