Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SomeGuy11

Zileuton for oil reduction only

I realize that you can't post links as you have only two posts. If you want this topic to stay in this forum and not get moved elsewhere (no research involved in this post at all), then work up your post count so that you can post links to studies about Zileuton and modify your original post.

I probably should have posted in a different forum. There seem to be a few studies showing that Zileuton (Zyflo CR) is effective at reducing sebum. But what I am looking for is anyone on here who has actually tried it and what experiences they had on it.

Ok, since you're looking for experiences on it, I'll move this to Prescription medications forum. :)

I have not heard of this medication but I'm very interested in it. My skin will clear with antibiotics and spiro, but it persists the second I stop taking the medicine. I've run out of antibiotics to try now because I've become resistant, so my derm is talking Accutane starting at the end of June. I'm always up for new alternatives, and oiliness is my biggest problem.

I hope someone sees this thread and posts a response - would love to know more about it! Off to research...

I remember reading on the forums that someone took part in a test and it was not that effective at helping acne. With differin, bp, and doxycycline I can live with the few occassional pimples

I get. It's the gushing oil that is what really bothers me.

No one has tried Zyflo CR? I wonder how hard it is to get a prescription since it's really for asthma.

It turns out my oily skin was caused by putting on way too much Differin. Similar to how Dan puts his BP on. Within a week of not using Differin, I have very little oil and can get through the work day without using an oil absorbing sheet. So pay attention to what you put on your face. Note that I had normal/dry skin for 24 years of my life and only recently started dripping oil so thats how I knew something was up.