Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Retrolicious

I've been on Ziana gel for cystic pimples over a month now and my skin hasn't improved.

I'm at my wits end with this darn gel. First it dried out my skin and purged it and then got slightly better and less oily but I'm still dealing with the occasional difficult pimple the same as if I might as well not even be using Ziana. Is it worth giving more time to work? :wall:

Hi,

I was also using the Ziana gel (for about a month also), but since my skin got SOOO flaky and dry on it I decided to use the green cream level 6 for a while first and then ramp up to the Ziana gel (since it seems to be pretty potent). I've been using the green cream for just 2 days and I already feel like my skin is reacting better to it then the Ziana. I feel like my skin is a bit brighter and smoother.

I also use a foam clindamycin (Evoclin) in the AM, and spot treat with tea tree oil. I cannot use ANY BP or SA products. Not only do they not work, but they make my skin look old and worn.

It's a long horrible process, but you're not alone. :) I keep waiting for the moment when I look in the mirror and don't sigh in disgust. But I am seeing some slight improvements so I'm trying to remain positive.

I was on this last year.I'd say it took about two months before I was finally "purged".It was pretty bad and I remember feeling about it exactly how you are.After it worked pretty good for a while.

I think you should give it just a little longer...you are almost there.

Thanks for the encouragement I really appreciate it. I'm thinking of ordering some Green Cream since everyone on this site loves it so much. But I'm going to continue using Ziana for another month just to see if all the purging was worth it in the end.