Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
effu

HOW TO CLEAR ACNE

your only options are Accutane (which u may need 2 or even 3 courses of).

Not everyone clears with one course. I didnt. I had to go on accutane 3 times before it cleared me.

your second option is 10 grams of pantothenic acid per day. it is one of the "B" vitamins. People who have acne are probably lacking this vitamin. You need to google it, or search it on these boards.

accutane cleared my acne over 12 years ago permanently. then with all of the lasers (i had 11 fraxels!!) i started to get it back again.

Not wanting to go on accutane AGAIN, i saw pantothenic acid on these boards and i picked it up at GNC (its also at vitamin shoppe) and i started taking the high dose, and the acne stopped in its tracks.

pantothenic acid inhibits oil glands like accutane does, and IT STOPS THE ACNE. BELIEVE ME.

Accutane is the ONLY SUREFIRE WAY to clear bad acne......

for those of u who have tried it and say that accutane didnt work for u, i believe u are in the minority....and if u are in this minority group, u must have not had a high enough dosage (get another dermatologist pronto!!!)....or u only had one course and u are like me, who needed 3 courses.....

Pantothenic acid is a MUST HAVE if u are not willing to do the accutane.....10 GRAMS A DAY.....GNC sells it in 500 mg. pills which means u must take 20 per day......it seems like alot but google it or look it up here.....

u MUST DO ONE OF THESE 2 THINGS......THE LONGER U HAVE ACNE THE WORSE UR SCARRING WILL BE.

ANY vitamin, mineral or nutrient taken in excessive doses can be toxic. If you really did google this topic you will see that many people are reporting major side effects from B5 overdose, including kidney and heart problems. So beware.

I have seen some articles with promising info about starting at a higher dose (10g) for 2 months then decreasing to a maintenance dose of 1g to 3g / day; but nothing scientifically proven or approved by a doctor. If you stay at the 10g indefinitely you are setting yourself up for some problems. Just FYI.

Those are not your only options by far. They aren't even particularly good options. And accutane is not only not your only sure fire way to clear skin. It isn't surefire.

Anyway, a good diet cleared me in a very short time and benefits me in ways far more important than acne. Before that, supplements in non-excessive amounts like zinc provided drastic improvements. This after 2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing. Nothing.

Not everyone's skin responds well to Accutane.

And while I'm certainly no expert on vitamins, megadosing anything seems to me like a bad idea.

OMG.

ATTENTION:

this post is for the desperate people with CYSTIC ACNE....not moderate zits or whiteheads/blackheads......no.

im talking about CYSTIC ACNE....the kind where no patch of skin on ur face is clear...the kind where u are almost disfifigured by it, and u have parents who tell u to just stop wearing makeup and let ur skin breathe, or just stop touching ur face and let nature take its course......and u have a dermatologist who keeps putting u on atibiotics that only kinda work and only for a little while....

THAT IS CYSTIC ACNE....

if u do not have this kind of acne, please do not even add a reply to my post.....

IF u do have cystic acne and u are on the verge of suicide (like i was) i just want to give u some options...

IVE READ ABOUT ALOT OF GOOD THINGS BOUT THE B5 VITAMIN... ITS WATER SOLUBLE WITCH MEANS ANY EXCESS AMOUT OF IT YOU JUST PISS IT OUT SO IT BEING TOXIC TO YOU IS HIGHLEY UNLIKELY.... IM THINKING OF TAKING 5GRAMS A DAY JUST SO THE OCASIONAL 1 OR 2 ZITS PERMANETLY STOP SHOWING UP

OMG.

ATTENTION:

this post is for the desperate people with CYSTIC ACNE....not moderate zits or whiteheads/blackheads......no.

IF u do have cystic acne and u are on the verge of suicide (like i was) i just want to give u some options...

Me too. I had severe cystic acne and all the other kinds all over and at the same time and then when I got older I got rosacea as well. Accutane did nothing for me. Diet and some supplements in non-excessive amounts cleared me.

pathotenic acid - tried it for some time, didnt work for me, and by that i mean it didnt even work 1%

the problem with B5 is that in theory it seems the perfect cure, (but doesnt it seem that way in every product right?) and everywhere on the internet you hear stories about people that are suddenly acne free because of B5, but if you do some research and find people who have tested it on multiple persons, you'll see that the outcome is always negative

another thing, its expensive as hell, 10 gr a day? thats 20 pills of 500mgr a day! a jar contains like 100 of them, so you have got 5 days before you got to get yourself new ones!! a jar costs 8,5 euro, lets say a month has 30 days, thats 6 jars a month, thats 51 euro a month! (i dunno how much euro is in dollars, but its a heck of a lot money)

i dont want to be all negative, everything to cure acne is worth a shot, but know that when it doesnt work, you'll have wasted a lot of money..

pathotenic acid - tried it for some time, didnt work for me, and by that i mean it didnt even work 1%

the problem with B5 is that in theory it seems the perfect cure, (but doesnt it seem that way in every product right?) and everywhere on the internet you hear stories about people that are suddenly acne free because of B5,

I've read more stories from people saying it did not work for them.

I take a vitamin b cuper 100mg complex. it has 100mg of b5. I have seen a drastic change in my cystic acne taking this in combination with Vitamin A E and Zinc.

OMG.

ATTENTION:

Me too. I had severe cystic acne and all the other kinds all over and at the same time and then when I got older I got rosacea as well. Accutane did nothing for me. Diet and some supplements in non-excessive amounts cleared me.

Me too. I had severe cystic acne and all the other kinds all over and at the same time and then when I got older I got rosacea as well. Accutane did nothing for me.

Diet and some supplements in non-excessive amounts cleared me.

That's because one vitamin is rarely going to cure or make a huge difference by itself. Look at all the stuff you hear about Zinc. it's an antiinflamatory Blah blah blah. By itself I noticed Zero results. Adding it with my other vitamins I've it start to help.

Well, accutane is hardly a vitamin. But yes, one vitamin isn't likely to do much for you. Acne is a multifactoral condition. You can fool around with any one of the factors and you might get improvement, but most likely you've got more things going on that you need to address. Which is why eating, sleeping, exercising well should be step one.

AFAICT, there's been exactly one "study" on B5 for acne.

It was published in Medical Hypotheses and run more like

a clinician's anecdotal experience than a real study. It

didn't seem to include any rigorous measurement of

symptoms, certainly wasn't blinded, and included patients

of an age where acne often disappears on its own anyway.

IIRC, not even dosage or duration was controlled, as the

author seemed to vary treatment if someone "didn't respond".

That was 1995, and I don't see that any researchers

(or, more tellingly, the original author of that paper)

have bothered to pursue the idea that B5 can cure acne.

Doesn't mean it's not a miracle cure for someone. Seems

dubious it's a miracle cure for most, however.

All,

I started popping zinc after reading databased posts. I was too afraid to to megadose, but saw amazing results after 2 weeks taking 200 mg daily. For me, it was the magic bullet. I am less oily, and now I do not get those under the surface, inflamed blemishes that never seemed to come to a head. Oh I still get a small one about every two weeks, but they are very superficial and heal in a day or two. Zinc has changed my life. I can go without make up if I choose for the first time in 30 years. Diet does not make a difference. As long as I take zinc, no more major breakouts. Oh, and I'm pretty faithful to the Dan's regimen. Have been doing the reg since February. Thanks again databased! :dance:

All,

I started popping zinc after reading databased posts. I was too afraid to to megadose, but saw amazing results after 2 weeks taking 200 mg daily. For me, it was the magic bullet. I am less oily, and now I do not get those under the surface, inflamed blemishes that never seemed to come to a head. Oh I still get a small one about every two weeks, but they are very superficial and heal in a day or two. Zinc has changed my life. I can go without make up if I choose for the first time in 30 years. Diet does not make a difference. As long as I take zinc, no more major breakouts. Oh, and I'm pretty faithful to the Dan's regimen. Have been doing the reg since February. Thanks again databased! :dance:

All,

zinc hasnt seemed to do crap for me or omega 3 :( but i just keep taking it lol. i took it once on an empty stomach a while back. was on the kitchen floor holding my stomach crawling to the fridge to get some food to make it go away.

not even kidding. lol

Mega dose resveratrol FTW. Or else Accutane, which is a bitch and will change your life permanently.

Im gunna give this a shot,

I've been breaking out like mad for as long as I can remember,

Face, Scalp, Chest, Stomach, Back Shoulders, Lower Back, BUtt,

Thighs etc. I've got cystic acne, white heads, black heads etc etc.

I picked up some Pantothenic 1000mg capsules today and am gunna

space my 10 pills through out the day. I've taken before pics

so lets see if this can't help my hideous cause!!

u have to get on accutane.....only take the pantothenic acid if u cant afford the accutane or ur a kid who still lives his parents who wont let him take it.....because the pantothenic acid will help u, but as soon as u are able to, GET ON ACCUTANE. there are risks with it, but u have to take the risk....

keep us posted!! bring up the dosage on the pantothenic gradually...within a week u should be taking the full 10 grams....and expect some major gas especially when u first start taking it, but eventually ur stomach will adjust....also expect dry hands and skin....

u have to get on accutane.....only take the pantothenic acid if u cant afford the accutane or ur a kid who still lives his parents who wont let him take it.....because the pantothenic acid will help u, but as soon as u are able to, GET ON ACCUTANE. there are risks with it, but u have to take the risk....

keep us posted!! bring up the dosage on the pantothenic gradually...within a week u should be taking the full 10 grams....and expect some major gas especially when u first start taking it, but eventually ur stomach will adjust....also expect dry hands and skin....

Yeah.. i wish i were rich! If I were rich, i'll definitely opt for Accutane!