Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
femme_fatale

Laser resurfacing smoothing out scars but big problem r/o

Hi I could really use some advice here. The Sciton Microlaser peel has successfully smoothed out my skin to an 80-90 percent level. My technician said we need to give my skin at least a three month break before we do one more and then we'll see where my skin stands and I'll be doing two IPL's before that.

I started in August with the profractional, followed by six sciton microlaser peels, one IPL, and another sciton microlaser peel this month.

My biggest concerns now are that my skin is still flaming red in those areas. These are burn scars from a glycolic peel they are not acne scars and one side of my cheeks is worse than the other side, which looks like it'll be fairly smooth and normal in a few months' time. I am alternating between tazorac and acne.org's 10 percent AHA at night but I just ordered finacea because AHA and taz are having no effect on subsiding the redness but they are contributing to the improved texture. Another concern of mine is that the areas where I had scars for some of them the tinier scars they are now very red, raised (fleshy skin but not shiny and it looks different than my surrounding smooth skin so although it matches with the smooth skin it doesn't look the same it just looks like a raised bump)

Is there a way to get rid of the raised look to the scars? Is it like this because I had burn scars and will it ever improve with time? Can Tazorac or IPL help or should I look into Vbeam? What about massaging the scar gently every day?

Personally it sounds like your doing to much, i think you just need to be gentle on your skin for a few months then re think your options. Be as gentle as you can for the next three months, lasers, peels, retinoids are all pretty harsh on the skin. It is no wonder than you are inflammed. If you don't need these things to keep active acne at bay then switch to just a mild cleanser and moisturiser, then wait three months and i think you will find the raised scarring and redness will imrpove on it's own. You don't want to throw to many things at your skin trust me!!

Personally it sounds like your doing to much, i think you just need to be gentle on your skin for a few months then re think your options. Be as gentle as you can for the next three months, lasers, peels, retinoids are all pretty harsh on the skin. It is no wonder than you are inflammed. If you don't need these things to keep active acne at bay then switch to just a mild cleanser and moisturiser, then wait three months and i think you will find the raised scarring and redness will imrpove on it's own. You don't want to throw to many things at your skin trust me!!

Unfortunately i got these burn scars last year and i do want to get rid of them as fast as possible. They're smack dab in the middle of my face making it impossible to conceal and impossible for me to go out which is why I'm being aggressive with it (I also have thick skin which is beneficial in some ways and irritating in some others) I should have mentioned that sometimes my skins red and at other times the redness subsides but as certain scars are smoothing out the redness is disappearing as well, but i still have quite some ways to go.