Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewDae

Do you ever get paranoid that someone you know will find you here?

None of my friends understand the effects and causes of acne. It really makes me mad when they suggest that I try "washing my face" or "stop eating junk food".

Tonight my high school senior prom is going on... but I didn't go because I didn't want to ruin the idea of how I wanted my prom to be. Acne wasn't supposed to last this long.... but I can't really blame everything on acne...

I don't know. I try not to let it seem like my acne bugs me in real life, but recently I'm a bit paranoid that one of my friends will find my posts here and ridicule me. ...which is also why I'm hesitant to post up pictures and of my progress. I don't think they'd understand...

ugh... :[

Not at all, I don't hide it one bit; I don't tell them which poster I am though unless they guess it on their own. One said "This Wynne sounds like you at work." :lol:

And...stop hiding yourself away. You're NOT doing yourself any favors by letting your life pass you by. seriously. Get out and enjoy yourself. If not tonight, then tomorrow. Make yourself a promise that you WILL go out and will enjoy yourself. Once you go out you will realize that you stop thinking about your skin.

Aw NewDae I am sorry that you are missing your prom tonight. If it makes you feel any better I didn't go to mine either. I was a bit of a rebel back in my high school days and very anti establishment, questioned authority, etc.. I don't regret it really so no worries there.

I do caution sometimes that someone I don't want to find me here might read some of my posts and be able to identify me but that fear is becoming less and less the more I post. I feel like this is a place of honesty and there is no shame in that. I've come to trust people here and rely on their advice about things I can't discuss with my normal peeps who just wouldn't get this stuff.

Also nobody I know HAS acne so the chance of them stumbling onto this board and sifting thru everything to find one of my posts is slim to none I think.

You don't have to post pics if you are worried about it though. Or you could post some and black out your eyes or something so nobody could prove it's you.

NewDae said:
None of my friends understand the effects and causes of acne. It really makes me mad when they suggest that I try "washing my face" or "stop eating junk food".

Tonight my high school senior prom is going on... but I didn't go because I didn't want to ruin the idea of how I wanted my prom to be. Acne wasn't supposed to last this long.... but I can't really blame everything on acne...

I don't know. I try not to let it seem like my acne bugs me in real life, but recently I'm a bit paranoid that one of my friends will find my posts here and ridicule me. ...which is also why I'm hesitant to post up pictures and of my progress. I don't think they'd understand...

ugh... :[

Edited by Guest

I was in the past. Now, I don't fear it as much. Even if they do find me, it doesn't change the fact that they were on an acne website too.

You should probably take Wynne's advice. It doesn't make you pathetic to post here. You're here to solve your problem, and give some helpful advice to others. It's a great community.