Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dravid

alternate medicine with same contents

hi all... i was really happy when i saw this site to discover that there is really a solution to get rid of acne and get back confidence in life.. so i was waiting to order my pack of regimen ..in the mean while i got to know from one of my friends that she used BP and cleared her face...

then i got an ointment which is purely BP.. i am using that for 15 days now...i am trying to follow the regimen showed here very closely...

i am using ACNE AID soap to cleanse my face, apply BP such that it penetrates fine and still some white patches remains which is due to drying out of BP, and apply NIVEA moisturizer which has jojoba oil in it.:rolleyes:

post-102973-1241921668_thumb.jpg post-102973-1241921959_thumb.jpg

so i wanted to know if the medication with the above products is proper and when i can expect results with this kind of regimen.

The Benzac should be ok. Check the ingredients of the Nivea product (many of them cause me to breakout) against one or both of the following links:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

The second one is a PDF link so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze if/when you click the link.

Nivea is the worst cosmetic brand for acne prone skin!I have chceked many of their products and none of them was stated as "non comedogenic" and every produst contained highly comedogenic ingredients...i would suggest u to buy 2.5% benzoylperoxide bcos 5% is too much harsh and a good non-comedogenic moisturiser like cetaphil/cerave ;)

Nivea is the worst cosmetic brand for acne prone skin!I have chceked many of their products and none of them was stated as "non comedogenic" and every produst contained highly comedogenic ingredients...i would suggest u to buy 2.5% benzoylperoxide bcos 5% is too much harsh and a good non-comedogenic moisturiser like cetaphil/cerave ;)

Thats interesting cause i have been using a nivea moisturiser for about 2 years i think and i thought it was ok but maybe thats why my skin never really looks much better. have you found it to be bad in the past?

My biggest concern is actually not your BP or moisturizer, but your cleanser. What is "ACNE AID" cleanser? If it has BP or salicylic acid in it, it's going to dry your skin out unnecessarily but not actually be on your skin long enough to help much with the acne. You want a gentle unmedicated cleanser, like Cetaphil or Purpose.

oh ok.. many say the same... then i have look for a good moisturizer like olay which is advised in this site. thank you :)

My biggest concern is actually not your BP or moisturizer, but your cleanser. What is "ACNE AID" cleanser? If it has BP or salicylic acid in it, it's going to dry your skin out unnecessarily but not actually be on your skin long enough to help much with the acne. You want a gentle unmedicated cleanser, like Cetaphil or Purpose.

acne aid was the soap which was prescribed by my dermatologist. it cleanses fine and not very caustic. but ya, it dries out skin a little. ok i will check out the availability of the products you mentioned. if not please let me know some commonly available products in all countries. thank you :)