Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone familiar with hyperhidrosis ? (excessive sweating)

With my reeeally oily skin i feel like i share the same symptoms yanno the whole i'm sweating cuz i'm nervous and i'm nervous cuz i'm sweating.

Anyhoo the treatments consist of amongst others Aliminium chloride which is really effective and botox injections again really effective .

Do you think the hyperhidrosis treatments would be just as effective at treating excessive oily areas ? ......... anyone ?

Haha yeah i know i'm desperate does it show :(

not that i know of. I have hyperhidrosis. its abitch just today in class my hot lecturer sat next to me and i bled all sweat. i have tried driclor, odaban considered botox and ets. also i have the iontopheresis unit which cost me well over 1800$ AUD. I have it here sitting beside me and i havent used it in almost a year and a half. i have gotten over my sweat problem. it bothers me sometimes but i'm so used to sweating i dont think about it.

but back to your question, no i havent tried it, it sounds like an idea. will wait on internation hyperhidrosis newsletter for more information.

we still live in the dark though, but light is shining, hang in there brother. ive been through lots of things youve gone through. msg me dude let's share.

I have palmar hyperhydrosis. I love writing and I just don't like it very much when the paper I'm writing on gets moist from the sweat (only on my palms though).. They have medications for those but i've never tried any.

I always carry 2 hanky sets when im out for my palms especially. But one good thing is I don't get it in cold weather, and my palms are very soft and very nice to touch,=) (one good thing that came with it) The sweat glands are different from the oil glands so what works for either doesn't synonymously work for either too.

Diaphoresis (profuse sweating) can be attributed to hyperthyroidism and some other symptomatic diseases, but as long as you feel healthy and it's just hyperhydrosis you're experiencing, you're alright.

Anyway, you look fantastic and don't be desperate. You look really fine (hyperhydrosis or not). TC

I have hyperhidrosis also and I used the aluminum chloride treatment for it, unfortunately I dont think that would work for oily skin especially on your face. I'm not absolutely positive it's a common side effect, I assume it is, but the treatment made my skin extremely dry, red and itchy. You wouldn't want to put this stuff anywhere near your face, plus it stinks. I would go to your derm and ask them about the botox treatment tho, that could work. Hope I helped :)

I developed some hyperhidrosis after a total hysterectomy. I have tried everything (except botox) including the aluminum chloride treatment (google klima deoderant). Nothing has worked. That stuff purposely clogs pores, so putting it on your face would be a very bad idea. I suspect it would also burn. As dMbfan stated, it caused her skin to get extremely dry, red and itchy. It did the same to my armpits when I used it more than 1x a week. It was raw and painful!

Thanx everyone, i'm not entitled to injections on the NHS and private cosmetic doctors are charging £200 just for the cheeks and £150 for the forehead ftw ? and that procedure needs to be repeated every 6-8 months.

Needless to say it's not something i'm gonna pursue further unfortunately, thanx again.

Edited by ???