Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started using AHA (Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10%) yesterday to help reduce my clogged pores & breakouts. I had an emerging pimple last night and put a little extra ontop of if before I went to bed, since I have read that you can also use AHA as a spot treatment. Today it seems like the pimple has gone down but theres a very red ring around it and feels sore like a sunburn, is this a chemical burn? I'm assuming it's from the AHA.. will this always happen, or does my skin just need to adjust?

It's normal imo. I have that problem before as well. Try applying only very little. Too much of it will "burn" the skin and the scarring pretty hard to fade.

So you used the AHA over your entire face? How's the rest of your skin doing?

I just started using Dan's AHA yesterday. It's too early to say what kind of results I've gotten from it yet, but I decided the enhanced lotion was too oily for me to wear without feeling greasy. I do use the AHA all over my face but but it hasn't burned my entire face, not yet anyway. The original burn that I had went down within a couple of days. However, I have a pimple coming up that I put tea tree oil on and I think I put the AHA ontop of it too soon and that area feels almost like a sunburn, hopefully it won't turn into a big issue.

Is AHA good for seb derm?

I'm not too sure if it would help or harm seb. dermatitis. I have eczema, but it is generally not on my face, but on my body where I don't use the AHA. I can say that it hasn't yet caused any new eczema outbreaks on my face though.