Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Eating before bedtime?

I have not eaten anything at least 2 hours before going to bed for the last 5 years. It feels right, but I have seen a lot of diets that recommend eating before bedtime. So which is healthier?? Eating or not eating before going to sleep?

Funny you should ask, I've been experimenting with this myself this past week and here's what I've found: (some is just my opinion)

-Generally, if you're going to eat before bed, make sure it's something highly digestible and that you have no problems with. For me, it's a really ripe banana or a bit of a fruit smoothie.

-Your body does a lot of repairing/detoxifying while you rest, you don't want to burden it with digestion.

-If you're really craving a piece of meat or something heavy on digestion, have a SMALL portion and savor it.

-Try and make sure your body's got a full 8 hours rest on an empty stomach; this means if you're going to eat, try to do so at LEAST 8 and a half hours before you plan on rising.

-It's better to have a bit of food in your stomach rather than trying to sleep with a grumbling stomach because you're so hungry.

-Listen to your body; if it's telling you you're famished, have a bit of food. If you aren't hungry, then just go to bed.

You can eat before bed, just don't eat much. And try to eat something that's going to help you sleep or stimulate HGH or something like that.

A small banana is a good choice for sleep according to the theories about fructose and melatonin behind the Hibernation diet. In addition, it contains tryptophan.

You can eat before bed, just don't eat much. And try to eat something that's going to help you sleep or stimulate HGH or something like that.

A small banana is a good choice for sleep according to the theories about fructose and melatonin behind the Hibernation diet. In addition, it contains tryptophan.

bananas break me out worse.

Is the theory that fructose increases melatonin production?

Taken at the right time. Danny created a lengthy thread about it and lots of people claimed a spoonful of honey at bed time helped them sleep. I think it was titled the Honey diet.

Taken at the right time. Danny created a lengthy thread about it and lots of people claimed a spoonful of honey at bed time helped them sleep. I think it was titled the Honey diet.

ah, yes, space honey

Link to honey diet thread:http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Honey-Diet-t164895.html It's about honey because of honey's ratio of fructose to glucose, but a banana has the same. And kiwi I think.