Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sup Emo Psych section.

I haven't posted in here for a while mainly because of the depressing atmosphere. (Fair enough I guess.)

I've been looking at most threads and I've come to a conclusion that you are all trying to be 'perfectionists'. That's cool, we all want to be the best BUT.. We will always have flaws. ALWAYS HAVE FLAWS NO MATTER WHAT. What if you get rid of your acne for good... And got rid of your scars..? What next? You'll probably dwell on your body hair or figure or the size of your nose. It's a never ending cycle yo.

What I'm saying is, do what you can do to help your skin and stop checking everyday for improvements. Go occupy yourselves, don't hide at home because you have a zit.. Dude funk what everyone else thinks, stop trying to impress the world. You will always have haters, you can't impress everyone. And don't tell me "It's for myself brah." because that's the biggest bulloni sammich I've heard.. It's for the oppisite sex I know that. You are also your own worst critic. If you are flawed in one physical area, highlight your others to draw attention to them. If a person won't go out with you because of your skin not being like one of the proactive models on the add then what does that say about them?

And let me tell you and you can believe it or not but, When my acne was at it's worst (cystic to the MAX bro, epitome of cyst.), I lost my virginity to a hot ass bish! I NEVER ONCE cared about my acne. Sure I had moments of "Gah! I got another cherry on my face.." But I lived my life to its fullest. I was always out partying or going to my friends house and doing fun stuff. NO ONE wants acne but it shouldn't stop your life.. Come on man.. far out..

Oh and I have scarring too. Do I care? No, because in time they will fade. And trust me they will. Back in 2006 they were really bad scars, looked like I just got back on my time machine from world war II. Then a couple of year later they look like the ones in my profile pics, and now you can hardly see them... So later in life they will probably be almost gone.

Don't let this BS dominate your life while others around you are out having fun and doing what they love. I still break out... I break out by my lips! Worst place lol.

I know I'm gonna get negative comment feed back and "We are all different" etc etc. But just think about what I said.

Most of you think the end of life is acne lol. You don't know what else is in store for you son.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you.

P.S: u mad?

And don't tell me "It's for myself brah." because that's the biggest bulloni sammich I've heard..

I want a sammich now :(

PS: Agree with your post.

Girls = Make sammich

Loochi = Eat sammich

Now go make me one princess : ) and I will fly with you like your sig'.

Thanks for the agreement!

And don't tell me "It's for myself brah." because that's the biggest bulloni sammich I've heard..

I want a sammich now :(

PS: Agree with your post.

Girls = Make sammich

Loochi = Eat sammich

Now go make me one princess : ) and I will fly with you like your sig'.

Thanks for the agreement!

*Makes sammich*

*Eats sammich*

*Throws crumbs at Looch* :D

i've lost faith in people that claim to have bad acne and still re able to go on. I don't believe it. I need photographic proof to see that their acne is/was truly as bad as they claim to be influenced and encouraged by them.

Thanks for the supports but no thanks, i'm just beyond repair these days.

i've lost faith in people that claim to have bad acne and still re able to go on. I don't believe it. I need photographic proof to see that their acne is/was truly as bad as they claim to be influenced and encouraged by them.

Sorry, I don't have photographic proof because back then I never thought I needed it. I didn't know of places like forums and I didn't really care about acne because most teen's had it back then.

Up to you whether to believe me really, I don't see why it's so 'hard' to believe though.

Edit: I'll go see family photo's to see if I'm in any photo's with bad skin.

I dunno Brah... Acne hits some people harder than others, and we just gotta take it day by day. We all cope differently. Best of luck to you.

true man, i cant believe either that people with really bad acne can just accept it.

im not the type of person that whines about every little spot on my face, my face is filled with red marks, light scarring, redness, much blackheads, a couple of whiteheads, and some times cysts.

and at times, i can accept this, but sometimes when it gets worse, i really cant. as hard as i try i cant accept it because i cant forget about it!

no offense loochi, i respect you for your positive thoughts and post, but do you really not care about your acne? why are you member of this forum then? there must have been some point where you 2 needed emotional support.

when your mostly clear, and are used to having worse acne, its easy to say you dont care

but i think everyone has standards about what then can accept and what not, whenever it gets really really bad, no single person on this world can be emotionally stable enough to just dont care about it.

I respect the fact that your post is from your prospective and you have a high self esteem. Implicit self-esteem is the crucial factor in your argument, people tend to evaluate themselves positively or negatively, unfortunately people who presently suffer cant see a future for themselves so they/we dwell on negative thoughts

Your argument seems a little naive towawrds sufferers as it is based entirely on your opinion

Nice post! Also, I gotta say, your biceps are BIGGER than your head! Can you tell me your workout routine?

I dunno Brah... Acne hits some people harder than others, and we just gotta take it day by day. We all cope differently. Best of luck to you.

Ofcourse mate, I understand what you're saying. I just hope you don't stay thinking of acne for too long because it's really not worth it.

true man, i cant believe either that people with really bad acne can just accept it.

im not the type of person that whines about every little spot on my face, my face is filled with red marks, light scarring, redness, much blackheads, a couple of whiteheads, and some times cysts.

and at times, i can accept this, but sometimes when it gets worse, i really cant. as hard as i try i cant accept it because i cant forget about it!

no offense loochi, i respect you for your positive thoughts and post, but do you really not care about your acne? why are you member of this forum then? there must have been some point where you 2 needed emotional support.

when your mostly clear, and are used to having worse acne, its easy to say you dont care

but i think everyone has standards about what then can accept and what not, whenever it gets really really bad, no single person on this world can be emotionally stable enough to just dont care about it.

N1ck, to be really honest with you, I don't really care too much about it.. I have other priorities and stuff to sort out before I can think of something on my face. That can come when I accomplish my other goals that are actually worth worrying about lol.

I respect the fact that your post is from your prospective and you have a high self esteem. Implicit self-esteem is the crucial factor in your argument, people tend to evaluate themselves positively or negatively, unfortunately people who presently suffer cant see a future for themselves so they/we dwell on negative thoughts

Your argument seems a little naive towawrds sufferers as it is based entirely on your opinion

Thanks for the contribution mr joker.

But dude, I used to be a sufferer too lol. What do you mean by 'cant see a future for themselves'? Do you really think this is it? Your damned with acne forever? And having acne = failure of life? I never thought this... I admit, I didn't want acne but it didn't ruin my life (Sounds like it has for some of you guys, no offence)

Nice post! Also, I gotta say, your biceps are BIGGER than your head! Can you tell me your workout routine?

I Lol'd at this post. I'll take that as a compliment I guess. PM me if you want to know anything otherwise stick to the topic. Thanks mate! :)

Thanks for the contribution mr joker.

But dude, I used to be a sufferer too lol. What do you mean by 'cant see a future for themselves'? Do you really think this is it? Your damned with acne forever? And having acne = failure of life? I never thought this... I admit, I didn't want acne but it didn't ruin my life (Sounds like it has for some of you guys, no offence)

I Lol'd at this post. I'll take that as a compliment I guess. PM me if you want to know anything otherwise stick to the topic. Thanks mate! :)

By no future I didnt mean it literally, i meant it in the sense that people have a bleak outlook because of there acne. This isnt about points scoring so Im just gonna say Im glad you are happy with your own situation

No Joker, you're right. It ain't about point scoring for sure. Thanks dude. I hope all goes well and you will feel better.

I like your advice, but the thing is this.

I often come on the emo boards when I'm clear and give advice like "don't give a crap. no one cares." But that's when I am clear. I clearly (no pun intended) have a fuckin bad memory. Because in my clearness, I often forget how painful my cystic acne was, the isolation it caused, my obsession with acne. When you have 10 cysts pulsating on your face, that's really when you can relate to people about the negative effects of acne. Only acne sufferers can relate to acne sufferers. People who suffered acne in past can relate to an extent, but not fully. I don't think Dan, the creator of the site, can relate to what cystic acne feels like anymore. It's just been too long since he dealt with it--all the power to him, really! No one should feel the agony of acne for so long. But when you are clear, you sadly lose the power to empathize, you just don't get it anymore! Whenever I am clear, I just don't get it anymore! Forgetting is truly a survival mechanism that allows us to move on in life.

Because in theory, spots on your face don't mean shit. Who cares, ya know? When we have clear skin, we look at acne in theory, as an outsider. We all suddenly have a miraculous prescriptive pad to help other acne sufferers. (why didn't we have that when we were suffering) But in reality, in practice, acne kills the esteem and makes lots of people dysfunctional.

Again, i know where you are coming from. But suffering bad acne will remind you that its not as simple as you put it. But I like the general positive attitude you have.

I like your advice, but the thing is this.

I often come on the emo boards when I'm clear and give advice like "don't give a crap. no one cares." But that's when I am clear. I clearly (no pun intended) have a fuckin bad memory. Because in my clearness, I often forget how painful my cystic acne was, the isolation it caused, my obsession with acne. When you have 10 cysts pulsating on your face, that's really when you can relate to people about the negative effects of acne. Only acne sufferers can relate to acne sufferers. People who suffered acne in past can relate to an extent, but not fully. I don't think Dan, the creator of the site, can relate to what cystic acne feels like anymore. It's just been too long since he dealt with it--all the power to him, really! No one should feel the agony of acne for so long. But when you are clear, you sadly lose the power to empathize, you just don't get it anymore! Whenever I am clear, I just don't get it anymore! Forgetting is truly a survival mechanism that allows us to move on in life.

Because in theory, spots on your face don't mean shit. Who cares, ya know? When we have clear skin, we look at acne in theory, as an outsider. But in reality, in practice, acne kills the esteem and makes lots of people dysfunctional.

Thanks for the contribution John.

I guess I am different to everyone on these threads because my whole face was covered in acne. My forhead was real bad, my cheeks had cysts everywhere, my nose had black heads. Only thing clear was my chin. My self esteem didn't change too much when my skin cleared. I guess it's just me though..............

It's not that I can't/won't emphaize bro.. It's just I think there are alot of other worse problems out there and you can concentrate your thinking on other stuff... Like your schooling or sporting etc like how I did and many of my friends who had acne. Again, my opinion...... : )

Life goes on even when you have acne.. But it seems some people put their life on halt while others are continueing their journey in life.

I have extremely bad scarring and I see Loochi's point and actually, that's how I feel, too.

I have bad scars NOW, and I don't care. I go out, have fun, enjoy myself. I never think of my skin (except on this board when yet another oh woe is me post happens because their scars are NOTHING compared to mine.)

It's all up to how you wish to deal with it; bemoan your fate, hide out, OR go out and face the world and choose to do the hard thing: going out and having fun.

I have extremely bad scarring and I see Loochi's point and actually, that's how I feel, too.

I have bad scars NOW, and I don't care. I go out, have fun, enjoy myself. I never think of my skin (except on this board when yet another oh woe is me post happens because their scars are NOTHING compared to mine.)

It's all up to how you wish to deal with it; bemoan your fate, hide out, OR go out and face the world and choose to do the hard thing: going out and having fun.

Thanks for the input Wynne :dance:

Exactly, time ain't gonna stop for you. It's going to keep going so do what you love to do and don't skip/avoid things that could be beneficial to you.. In time, your acne/scars WILL improve. Don't sit there in the mirror and think of how depressing shiz is. Just do your thang mang.

Sup Emo Psych section.

I haven't posted in here for a while mainly because of the depressing atmosphere. (Fair enough I guess.)

I've been looking at most threads and I've come to a conclusion that you are all trying to be 'perfectionists'. That's cool, we all want to be the best BUT.. We will always have flaws. ALWAYS HAVE FLAWS NO MATTER WHAT. What if you get rid of your acne for good... And got rid of your scars..? What next? You'll probably dwell on your body hair or figure or the size of your nose. It's a never ending cycle yo.

What I'm saying is, do what you can do to help your skin and stop checking everyday for improvements. Go occupy yourselves, don't hide at home because you have a zit.. Dude funk what everyone else thinks, stop trying to impress the world. You will always have haters, you can't impress everyone. And don't tell me "It's for myself brah." because that's the biggest bulloni sammich I've heard.. It's for the oppisite sex I know that. You are also your own worst critic. If you are flawed in one physical area, highlight your others to draw attention to them. If a person won't go out with you because of your skin not being like one of the proactive models on the add then what does that say about them?

And let me tell you and you can believe it or not but, When my acne was at it's worst (cystic to the MAX bro, epitome of cyst.), I lost my virginity to a hot ass bish! I NEVER ONCE cared about my acne. Sure I had moments of "Gah! I got another cherry on my face.." But I lived my life to its fullest. I was always out partying or going to my friends house and doing fun stuff. NO ONE wants acne but it shouldn't stop your life.. Come on man.. far out..

Oh and I have scarring too. Do I care? No, because in time they will fade. And trust me they will. Back in 2006 they were really bad scars, looked like I just got back on my time machine from world war II. Then a couple of year later they look like the ones in my profile pics, and now you can hardly see them... So later in life they will probably be almost gone.

Don't let this BS dominate your life while others around you are out having fun and doing what they love. I still break out... I break out by my lips! Worst place lol.

I know I'm gonna get negative comment feed back and "We are all different" etc etc. But just think about what I said.

Most of you think the end of life is acne lol. You don't know what else is in store for you son.

straight up 'word' for reals "Looch" :hifive:

No, acne isn't literally the end of life.

Acne is the interruption of life. It's presence is enough to spoil your appetite to live. Suddenly, you look down. You cling to the rock while the fear increases. You lose the desire to climb; You can't move. Your goal doesn't get any closer, because now you're scared of falling. Now, the motivation to climb is gone. The grip on the rock becomes your only protection, and you become comfortable with the fear. Your mind debates the options. Will you stick with the fear you know, which also serves as a safety net, or will you continue to climb, and face an unfamiliar fear? One offers a guarantee. The other offers a risk. I believe the risk is worth taking.

You don't hear the voices. Supporters will explain the insignificance of acne in the most sensible and logical way, but surely, you tune out the sound. The only voice that brings any comfort is the one in your head. It isn't part of you, but it's found a home, and you've laid out the welcome mat. Now, you struggle with an identity crisis. Is this voice really me, or have I been abducted by a force that is crushing my will? Do I have the right to live? Do I deserve to experience the happiness and sadness of life? Why do I deny one, but accept the other?

Humans are too different, and too complex to suggest a universal approach. It may have worked for you, but we are all wired differently. Instead, wait for that troubled soul to reach the top ledge. You'll be there, and your hand will be out, ready to pull the others up. Patience is a better approach. Pushing only goes one direction, and some are not able to resist that push. Don't push us further. Wait, and we'll join you soon.

Acne is tough but I like your positive vibes, loochi. It's all about mind over matter, really.

Acne is the interruption of life. It's presence is enough to spoil your appetite to live. Suddenly, you look down. You cling to the rock while the fear increases. You lose the desire to climb; You can't move. Your goal doesn't get any closer, because now you're scared of falling. Now, the motivation to climb is gone. The grip on the rock becomes your only protection, and you become comfortable with the fear. Your mind debates the options. Will you stick with the fear you know, which also serves as a safety net, or will you continue to climb, and face an unfamiliar fear? One offers a guarantee. The other offers a risk. I believe the risk is worth taking.

You don't hear the voices. Supporters will explain the insignificance of acne in the most sensible and logical way, but surely, you tune out the sound. The only voice that brings any comfort is the one in your head. It isn't part of you, but it's found a home, and you've laid out the welcome mat. Now, you struggle with an identity crisis. Is this voice really me, or have I been abducted by a force that is crushing my will? Do I have the right to live? Do I deserve to experience the happiness and sadness of life? Why do I deny one, but accept the other?

Humans are too different, and too complex to suggest a universal approach. It may have worked for you, but we are all wired differently. Instead, wait for that troubled soul to reach the top ledge. You'll be there, and your hand will be out, ready to pull the others up. Patience is a better approach. Pushing only goes one direction, and some are not able to resist that push. Don't push us further. Wait, and we'll join you soon.

damn, talk about serious writing skills.1055.gif if you write a book i'm buying. I agree with your post completely.

:D

i love this

I'm glad you do mate. :)

Sup Emo Psych section.

straight up 'word' for reals "Looch" :hifive:

Thanks Jaxin! :hifive:

Well I hope you join me soon Nike. It's a shame to see someone who I respect like yourself still not completely happy with themselves.

Goes for all of you guys too. Time won't freeze for us. Do what you can about your acne and go do your thing. Don't hide out or skip stuff.

Acne is tough but I like your positive vibes, loochi. It's all about mind over matter, really.

Thanks Catty. :)

Sup Emo Psych section.

It is depressing here sometimes but I love it, to be honest. It's so good to know people are letting their stresses with acne out caus its seriously unhealthy not to. They haven't found a different way of dealing with their acne yet, so they should cry as much as they want to :]

You've done amazing to stay so grounded despite having cystic acne and I really respect you for that. Well done Loochi!! you'll have no regrets when you're older. You know what life's about.

I can see you're desperate for everyone else to share in your glory, which is really nice, it's a often a frustrating fact of life that even when we succeed, and "find" or "learn" an outlook that makes us happy, there is simply no way to give it, or push it onto someone else, even when they're suffering. It does suck when that happens doesn't it.....

The thing I like best about your post is that it shows you put no conditions on your happiness, you never went into the dreaded 'waiting' mode. I know I'm guilty of that.

I know it's hard not to get carried away when you've done so well, but why not put that energy into something else? You know..not everyone has had your experiences...And for some people, a milder case of acne is a worse experience than some with severe. . .I guess all we can do is care, be patient, and trust that eventually our friends will get there. We're all walking different paths and kicking someone up the butt really hard won't magically move them onto another one, but it might hurt...you know what I mean?? Lol

And while you deserve to be comended for the way you've lived your life, and cared enough to want the same for others, we should still make sure that that doesn't put down on anyone else who hasn't handled theirs the same, we ARE all different!!! But this isn't negative feedback =p

I'm really glad you see it the way you do. :)