Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Languages

Should I try "just cleanse/moisturize" regimen?

My forehead and cheeks are really clear, yet everywhere else where I've applied topicals for years, (chin/jaw/above lip) I break out. I never wash my forehead (it's annoying to do so). I'm kinda scared to JUST cleanse with Cetaphil..should I try it? Do you think I'd be a good candidate for this regimen?

Anyone tried it?

Just cleansing and moisturizing only works for me if I'm tanning every day. Instead of the topicals killing the bacteria the UV does it. You can try it though. If your topical is bothering you try using a different one. I've had great success with paula's choice 2% BHA.

No, I did that for many months. I would just wash my face and moisturize. It did didlisquat which is why I went to the derm a couple of months ago and got prescribed aczone. Before aczone I have gone from having ten new zits a day to sometimes none and other days two

Cetaphil is a really, really, really, gentle cleanser, so I think that you should have no problem with it. Why don't you wash your forehead? You probably should :confused:

Cetaphil is a really, really, really, gentle cleanser, so I think that you should have no problem with it. Why don't you wash your forehead? You probably should :confused:

I never wash it because it's not oily, nor do I break out there. Maybe once every 6 months. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I'm trying this regimen, and I think it's working for me. I think Epiduo killed my skin ha.

I never wash it because it's not oily, nor do I break out there. Maybe once every 6 months. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I'm trying this regimen, and I think it's working for me. I think Epiduo killed my skin ha.

It also killed my skin. It hurt my face

It also killed my skin. It hurt my face

It didn't "hurt/sting", but I think it put my face under a lot of stress. I went to the dentist the other day before I started my new regimen, and they had to clean my teeth. Some water got on my face and there was flakes everywhere! It looked fine without the water. So I assume it was too much for my face to handle if there was a "mask of dead skin".

just personal experience here...i did a month of cetaphil wash then moisturizer.. and broke out alot especially on my cheeks where i never break out. I'd say either go with totally no washing or some sort of medication. You may see different results though and i cant explain why that would happen to me.

Fyi, this has been working AMAZINGLY for me!! I only have one pimple really...I'm shocked.

Wow! Did you have adult acne? When I was a teenager, I suffered from severe acne all over my face. Im 25 now and I dont get inflamed acne on my forehead. I have clogged pores but not inflamed acne. I only get inflamed acne on my chin and jawline and sometimes but rarely on my cheeks.

Out of curiosity, are you in northern or southern CA? I live near SF

Fyi, this has been working AMAZINGLY for me!! I only have one pimple really...I'm shocked.

Wow! Did you have adult acne? When I was a teenager, I suffered from severe acne all over my face. Im 25 now and I dont get inflamed acne on my forehead. I have clogged pores but not inflamed acne. I only get inflamed acne on my chin and jawline and sometimes but rarely on my cheeks.

I'm actually only 18, so..if you wanna consider that "adult acne", then so be it. XD. but I just had a lot of pustules generally. I'm in SF, btw.

I did get another spot, but its SO tiny..geez. I think it's from shaving yesterday. I dabbed a bit of BP 10% on it and it's practically gone. I have hardly any acne now...like I can't even believe it. Who knows if this will keep up or not though. I'll keep everyone posted in like 2 or 3 weeks.

All I'm doing is washing with continous control 10% bp cream wash from clean&clear, then moisturizing. I don't moisturize at night bc. my derm said moisturizing makes dead skin cells stick to your face and cause acne. So I don't wash my face nearly as long at night. I don't know if it's the whole regimen that's working or not moisturizing at night (haven't tried that before). BUT ITS WORKING! Accutane is almost out of the question now. Wow.

I generally had a medium of mild-moderate pustules over my face (2 a day usually, sometimes more). Now I get none, maybe one every other day or 3. Which is FANTASTIC. Another thing I'm doing is avoiding dairy..'cept butter..which is probably helping too..Only dairy thing I eat is cheese like once a week..maybe cereal but I stopped eating that now.

Bump! If anyone remotely thinks their acne is caused by irritation, I urge you to try this! My skin is practically flawless now, though I did drink a cup of milk and I broke up with 3 spots the next day. Coincidence or not, I'm staying clear of milk and other dairy products, maybe even cheese. Fake butter doesn't seem to affect me..I wouldn't cut it out anyway..I luh' butter.

But honestly, I break out so little now. I love how something FINALLY works. I'm 100% off retinoids, and have been for about 3 weeks. Everything is good. With the gentle cleanser/retinoid/moisturize I'd break out EVERY day. Now, I don't.

My updated regimen is in my sig.

Wow so you didn't break out at all since starting this? I stopped using my topical and just washed my face and moisturized for 2 weeks, and for like the first week and a half things were good, and then I just got hit with a breakout. So I started using my topical again. I really hate it though, because it isnt working as well as I want it to.

I'm actually only 18, so..if you wanna consider that "adult acne", then so be it. XD. but I just had a lot of pustules generally. I'm in SF, btw.

I did get another spot, but its SO tiny..geez. I think it's from shaving yesterday. I dabbed a bit of BP 10% on it and it's practically gone. I have hardly any acne now...like I can't even believe it. Who knows if this will keep up or not though. I'll keep everyone posted in like 2 or 3 weeks.

All I'm doing is washing with continous control 10% bp cream wash from clean&clear, then moisturizing. I don't moisturize at night bc. my derm said moisturizing makes dead skin cells stick to your face and cause acne. So I don't wash my face nearly as long at night. I don't know if it's the whole regimen that's working or not moisturizing at night (haven't tried that before). BUT ITS WORKING! Accutane is almost out of the question now. Wow.

I generally had a medium of mild-moderate pustules over my face (2 a day usually, sometimes more). Now I get none, maybe one every other day or 3. Which is FANTASTIC. Another thing I'm doing is avoiding dairy..'cept butter..which is probably helping too..Only dairy thing I eat is cheese like once a week..maybe cereal but I stopped eating that now.

We live near each other then

Wow so you didn't break out at all since starting this? I stopped using my topical and just washed my face and moisturized for 2 weeks, and for like the first week and a half things were good, and then I just got hit with a breakout. So I started using my topical again. I really hate it though, because it isnt working as well as I want it to.

I did breakout, but it's a lot less and it's easier to deal with to be honest. However, do note I'm using a 10% BP once a day, then a gentle cleanser at night. Not just gentle cleanser. But it's working out very nicely for me.

Hope this helps someone out.

C&M regimen user here since February 2009! These are the products that cleared up my red marks:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Kojie san cream (kojic acid w/ rosehip oil,Vitamin E & C)

from personal experience moisturizer always stopped acne breakouts in its tracks, i discovered this awhile ago.. i no longer have tons and tons of cystic acne breaksouts since i learned what a simple moisturizer can do, when feeling my entire left side of my face it is baby smooth with no acne bumps at all, the right side i have one bimple that is slowly going down but thats about it! i used to have CLUSTERS of cystic acne near my chin and lower lip but that is never a problem anymore!

im glad you have had success with it!

moisturizers shouldnt contain drugs, fragrances, colorants... just a warning.