Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys. I've posted here before in regards to facial redness.

I get a bit of flushing when I'm after exercising or when I enter a hot room etc. Its manageable though and different moisturisers etc gets rid of the redness straight away.

However, my main problem is red or rosy cheeks. I think they have been more noticable since i was on accutane a few years ago but I dunno. Anyways, I doubt my problem is rosacea as the redness is not in my T zone.

I've tried everything to try to reduce the permanent redness on my cheeks. Different moisturisers, emu oil and different creams which are supposed to reduce the appearance of cappilliaries (my cappiliaries aren't really noticable but I heard this could have helped).

Anyways, do I really have many options ? Are there many ways that I can fade the redness. From what I can tell, most of the advice I've got off the net in the past is for normal skin which turns red due to external stimuli with the different creams etc reducing the redness caused. Nothing to do with permanent redness.

I hear there is laser treatment available which can reduce redness. Any other options ? I'm planning on seeing my derm about it. Can he do much for me ?

Thanks for the all the advice.