Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fender1987

Inside Of My Nose Is Dry?

The inside of my nose hurts and feels like its going to bleed. Chapstick won't do anything because the inside is all crusty and dry making it like a shield to the moisturizer. Any advice would help because this is annoying. Thank You.

Try some Vaseline on a Q-tip. My husband has a chronic dry nose in the spring (allergies) and that's what he does to keep it moisturized.

A saline nasal gel used twice a day maximum might be helpful. Make sure it's a non-medicated spray/gel.

Be careful with putting petrolatum based products in the nose as that can sometimes (rarely actually) lead to pneumonia.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/petroleum-jelly/AN00947

Use a humidier in your bedroom when you sleep; consider using humidifiers where you spend the majority of your time at home. Clean the humidifier and disinfect it per the instructions that come with it. This will help a lot. :)

I have the same problem. The inside of my nose is SOO dry and it hurts. I found that going into my gyms sauna/steamroom for about 10 minutes a day pretty much takes away not only from the dry, crusty "inside" nose, but also flaky facial skin. When I stopped doing it this past week, both my dry nose & skin came back. If you have access to a sauna/steamroom, I highly recommend using it.

My nose doesn't seem that dry, but I get bloody noses a few times a week. It sucks. I use a saline spray and gel every day, and it still happens. I also sleep with a humidifier.