Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maru

Can someone plz tell me what kind of scars i have. pictures attached thx

Hi

Please help me to categorize my scars.

And if its moderate or severe scarring.

Will laser or punch excisionn help this kind of scarring?

Thx a lot!

I think those are ice pick scars but Im not entirely sure. I dont know much about acne scars

ypes of Acne Scars

Medical professionals have developed a acne scarring classification system that aids in the diagnosis and treatment of many acne scars. Scars may be classified as ice pick, boxcar, or rolling.

Acne Scars – Ice pick

As their name implies, ice pick acne scars are thin, sharp scars. The skin looks as though it has been sliced with an ice pick. These scars are narrow, but deep, extending into the deep dermis or subcutaneous layer.

Acne Scars - Boxcar

Unlike ice pick scars, boxcar scars do not taper to a point. Instead, they are round pits that have sharp vertical edges. Skin resurfacing techniques such as dermabrasion or laser resurfacing may be used to treat shallow boxcar scars. Deeper scars require full-thickness treatment techniques.

Acne Scars - Rolling

Rolling scars appear to have a rolling or undulating texture. They are the result of folds in the skin to the subcutaneous tissue below. Rolling scars must be treated by breaking up the fibrous bands that are causing the skin to fold or roll. Subcutaneous incision is the method most commonly used to treat this condition.

Lots of info at this link,, hope this helps!

I think those are ice pick scars but Im not entirely sure. I dont know much about acne scars

ypes of Acne Scars

Medical professionals have developed a acne scarring classification system that aids in the diagnosis and treatment of many acne scars. Scars may be classified as ice pick, boxcar, or rolling.

Acne Scars – Ice pick

As their name implies, ice pick acne scars are thin, sharp scars. The skin looks as though it has been sliced with an ice pick. These scars are narrow, but deep, extending into the deep dermis or subcutaneous layer.

Acne Scars - Boxcar

Unlike ice pick scars, boxcar scars do not taper to a point. Instead, they are round pits that have sharp vertical edges. Skin resurfacing techniques such as dermabrasion or laser resurfacing may be used to treat shallow boxcar scars. Deeper scars require full-thickness treatment techniques.

Acne Scars - Rolling

Rolling scars appear to have a rolling or undulating texture. They are the result of folds in the skin to the subcutaneous tissue below. Rolling scars must be treated by breaking up the fibrous bands that are causing the skin to fold or roll. Subcutaneous incision is the method most commonly used to treat this condition.

Lots of info at this link,, hope this helps!

more info at acnecorrect.com

Hi Maru, im almost certain they are ice pick scars. Seek medical advice about whether you should have laser surgery or not, you may have to wait a few months but trust me, that scarring is not bad at all, ive seen so much worse.

All the best

- Kenan