Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newlife23

for the people who have had skin graft please help

does anyone of you had skin graft? are you satisfied with it? after having the excision which went wrong im considering this dermal graft.. does anyone of you came with success here?

I had 3 rounds of dermal grafts. I don't regret it, but it is hard to gauge how much improvement I got. I wish I had taken pictures to have an unbiased record of how well it worked, because I honestly think I got an improvement, but I still have scars and it is hard to recall what my skin looked like beforehand. But after my 3 treatments my derm said he couldn't see anymore scars that could/needed to be treated...so I guess that counts for something.

I have relatively small and shallow on the sides of my cheeks, which I think are harder to treat because the procedure involves cutting out precise shapes while trying not to overfill the scar. It would probably be easier to get dramatic improvement with deeper scars.

Overall I would recommend trying dermal grafts since it is a low-cost, little-downtime and low-risk procedure.

I've had 2 rounds of dermal grafts. I have one more round to go. It's certainly helped to bring my scarring to the surface. The problem is the scars are still there, so your skin still doesn't look "normal", even though your scars are no longer as indented. At least that was my experience, maybe because I have a lot of old scar tissue. I dont' know if that makes any sense.

Anyway, even thought it's not perfect, I would recommend it, or some other form of treatment to get your scarring as superficial as possible(like excision or subcision) before doing some sort of resurfacing. I believe it's a good tool to deal with acne scarring, but not a magic bullet.

I had 3 rounds of dermal grafts. I don't regret it, but it is hard to gauge how much improvement I got. I wish I had taken pictures to have an unbiased record of how well it worked, because I honestly think I got an improvement, but I still have scars and it is hard to recall what my skin looked like beforehand. But after my 3 treatments my derm said he couldn't see anymore scars that could/needed to be treated...so I guess that counts for something.

I have relatively small and shallow on the sides of my cheeks, which I think are harder to treat because the procedure involves cutting out precise shapes while trying not to overfill the scar. It would probably be easier to get dramatic improvement with deeper scars.

Overall I would recommend trying dermal grafts since it is a low-cost, little-downtime and low-risk procedure.

Millie12

Where did you have your dermal grafting done? I am looking to have this done but so far have only found someone in Alabama, Denver and California.

Any leads would be very helpful