Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a small whitehead but if you include the inflammation it's about the size of a quarter. Unless you look up really close, it looks like a giant pimple and it's just awful. How do I reduce the inflammation? Don't suggest the icing trick please, I already tried it and it actually doubled the inflammation, no joke. It also made my marks from old pimples that were almost complete gone near where I iced return very, very red.

When I ice mine they make my skin red and I do put them in a cloth first. But I'd also suggest putting tea tree oil on it morning and night, that always helps me.

Icing works on some, for others it seems to leave them a bit more red in my experience. I take ibuprofin (motrin) to combat some inflammation. This is not the same as aspirin, tylenol, or acetaminophen.

I've also put cortisone cream directly on some huge ones that brought inflammation down quite a bit within a day. I would definitely limit how often and how much cortisone you put on your skin. I always used a very tiny amount.

If it's a deep pimple and you want to remove the root without leaving scars(and please don't argue as i've done this for like 6 years:() get a face cloth, warm some water until it's just steaming, then immerse the cloth in the water and lightly drain it, then wrap it in clean film(plastic wrap) and place on the pimple. Now be very careful with this method, it only works on those ones on the lower epidermis layer NOT the cystic ones that can reach into the dermis and even cases of the adibose(my spelling is awful) tissue layers. However once a root(the hard white ball) is removed inflammation goes down in an hour and healing is twice if not three tiems faster. It's not advisible unless your very calm and relaxed as you need your capilleries not to be dialated :D

I dont know if this will work for you but its worth a shot. It works wonders for me. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three table spoons of water and apply it to a cotton ball or cotton square. Apply it for a minute or two and then wash it off. Do it once or twice a day

If it's a deep pimple and you want to remove the root without leaving scars(and please don't argue as i've done this for like 6 years:() get a face cloth, warm some water until it's just steaming, then immerse the cloth in the water and lightly drain it, then wrap it in clean film(plastic wrap) and place on the pimple. Now be very careful with this method, it only works on those ones on the lower epidermis layer NOT the cystic ones that can reach into the dermis and even cases of the adibose(my spelling is awful) tissue layers. However once a root(the hard white ball) is removed inflammation goes down in an hour and healing is twice if not three tiems faster. It's not advisible unless your very calm and relaxed as you need your capilleries not to be dialated :D

Heat will dilate capillaries and increase inflammation. Icing reduces inflammation.