Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you do it? I've had pretty bad acne for about 3 years, but it hasn't effected me that bad until now. Its my sophmore year, I finally got my license, I get good grades but I'm still not happy. I've been from doxy to abunch of other antibiotics just in this year alone since no one in my area prescribes accutane. I've tried to live with the fact that I have acne and just deal with it. Hell, I've been breaking out even worse. For example, this morning, on my chin alone, I counted 17 white heads. I heard jokes about, "Nice mine field on your chin" "Damn I didn't know when razor bumps were white and bloody!" to even "Thats just disgusting, go take a shower."

I usually shrug off these comments but now its getting worse. A week or two ago, a junior who I met this year broke up with her boyfriend and was talking me about it. She said she just wanted someone who wasn't going to fuck her over and all that stuff. We ended up talking for like a good 2 hours because of block schedule, and she said how nice I was and how I would make a really good boyfriend. I thought I was in, but now, of course, someone comes along with clear skin and she completely forgets about me. Now she only uses me because I have straight A's and do all my homework.

I feel as if I'm destined to always be alone. I've cried myself to sleep for the past month and a half, an I can't seem to get out of this rut. I'm so scared of dying alone with no one who cares about me. I just want to live a nice life and have a family or something to be proud of, but I feel like with acne I will never be able to accomplish any goal I desire. So, how do you live with it? Sometimes, I forget I have it, but then I say a word or yawn and the 8 million white heads in the "mine field" on my chin just stretch and hurt. Or even worse, pop or rupture.

Acne doesn't prohibit you from having a life. You're probably the most judgmental person you will ever meet. There's a world full of opportunity. It's just a shame that this stops you.

I think most people with bad acne have felt like you do. I'd give my right leg to have beautiful skin... to be honest though I think I could probably get by without it... I don't need it that much, and I could just get one of htose springy ones...

Anyway, I digress.

If it's upsetting you this much, surely it'd be worth going further afield to get accutane? Nothing in life is worth being this depressed for.

If not, there's lots of advice (some good, some bad, some whacky) on this site, that just might work for you. You have to be positive about the regimens though. It's always going to take a while to work, and if you're not positive, you'll give up before finding what really would work for you.

Best of luck to you though. I'm sure you're beautiful in spite of your acne, and school is quite possibly the worst place to have it. When you're a bit older you'll realise that those people were actually just wankers, and almost nobody will say things like that to you, especially not in a nasty way. There's so much more to life than the way you look. Not to nullify anything that you're feeling, I felt exactly the same as you when I was about your age (wow that makes me sound old!)

Good luck :)

This might sound harsh but, it wasn't because of your acne that she didn't go for you. It was because you landed in the friend zone for her. A shoulder to cry on from what it sounds like.

My advice is, maybe you should try being a jerk. Girls seem to like jerks more than nice guys.
Or you can just watch James Bond movies. Observe how he acts and talks with the ladies. That guy is my hero.

How do you do it? I've had pretty bad acne for about 3 years, but it hasn't effected me that bad until now. Its my sophmore year, I finally got my license, I get good grades but I'm still not happy. I've been from doxy to abunch of other antibiotics just in this year alone since no one in my area prescribes accutane. I've tried to live with the fact that I have acne and just deal with it. Hell, I've been breaking out even worse. For example, this morning, on my chin alone, I counted 17 white heads. I heard jokes about, "Nice mine field on your chin" "Damn I didn't know when razor bumps were white and bloody!" to even "Thats just disgusting, go take a shower."

I usually shrug off these comments but now its getting worse. A week or two ago, a junior who I met this year broke up with her boyfriend and was talking me about it. She said she just wanted someone who wasn't going to fuck her over and all that stuff. We ended up talking for like a good 2 hours because of block schedule, and she said how nice I was and how I would make a really good boyfriend. I thought I was in, but now, of course, someone comes along with clear skin and she completely forgets about me. Now she only uses me because I have straight A's and do all my homework.

I feel as if I'm destined to always be alone. I've cried myself to sleep for the past month and a half, an I can't seem to get out of this rut. I'm so scared of dying alone with no one who cares about me. I just want to live a nice life and have a family or something to be proud of, but I feel like with acne I will never be able to accomplish any goal I desire. So, how do you live with it? Sometimes, I forget I have it, but then I say a word or yawn and the 8 million white heads in the "mine field" on my chin just stretch and hurt. Or even worse, pop or rupture.

Your life will not always be like this though.I promise you it will get better.

Highschool sucks.Kids can be so cruel.But in a year or so it wont matter

one cent what those people say about your land mines.

You may never see any of them again.

So you have acne.At least you have straight A's!

I was the girl in highschool everyone hated and I had clear skin then.

So ask me what good it did me?

You will not die alone!

You will grow up,grow out of your acne.

Probably have a great job since you do so well in school.

Probably make alot of money.

And then you'll have to beat the women off with a stick.

:)

Or you can just watch James Bond movies. Observe how he acts and talks with the ladies. That guy is my hero.

Nobody says _____ like Sean Connery.

Nobody says _____ like Sean Connery.

James Bond?

My advice is, maybe you should try being a jerk. Girls seem to like jerks more than nice guys.

Maybe the emotionally-stunted ones with no self-respect.

Trust me, girls like the good guy.

After being on Accutane for about 7 months, and not having to deal with actual active acne and whiteheads, and only having to deal with red marks I've forgotten how to cope with it. So now my acne is coming back just 3 or 4 weeks after accutane and I really don't even know what to do. *sigh*

Best of luck to you.

Keep up your grades. That's the best advice I'll give you. Being a senior in high school, I went through 4 years of not living out my true potential because I was overly concerned with my skin. Now, I see a lot of my old school friends going to top tier colleges like Carnegie Mellon and Cornell and ask myself " How did I let this happen?" Next year, I'll be going to a mediocre college (in my opinion) and truly regret not focusing my time in high school excelling.

It's ridiculous how shallow that girl was. Lots of people are nowadays. Some only judge by looks. But look at it this way: Through acne you've learned not to judge by the outside,so you'll get better friends and will be a better person. :)

Great advice, ^. Stay with good grades. It's the hard workers who get successful jobs and one day get the ladies.

Great advice, ^. Stay with good grades. It's the hard workers who get successful jobs and one day get the ladies.

What is that saying? Girls will only like you for your money? That's shallow. I'd rather have no "lady" than one who only wants my money.

Keep up your grades. That's the best advice I'll give you. Being a senior in high school, I went through 4 years of not living out my true potential because I was overly concerned with my skin. Now, I see a lot of my old school friends going to top tier colleges like Carnegie Mellon and Cornell and ask myself " How did I let this happen?" Next year, I'll be going to a mediocre college (in my opinion) and truly regret not focusing my time in high school excelling.

I agree! I rarely focus in class because I'm busy comparing my skin to another person's. I'm trying really hard not to anymore, graaah.

lemme give you some stats:

acne is not as prevalent among grade 9's, 10's, and even 11's as it is among grade 12's. over 90% of grade 9's in my school are clear, whereas 80% of grade 12's have acne (with varying degrees of severity.) that's because acne usually peaks at 17-19 years of age in most teenagers.

it obviously doesn't affect those "tough" grade 12's that much. a lot of them are outgoing and have girlfriends/boyfriends. people may make fun of you in the first couple of years of high school because they are clear and you're not, but when you get to grade 12, pimples become the locker room norm.