Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdpg

Could this be permanant?

Ok I already have a bunch of indents on my face from previous acne, however I had one that kind of scabbed over (know what I mean?) and I was washing my face and the "scab" came off. Now there is a big hole there :(

Sorry I can't post a pic, but does it sound like this has added another scar to my face?

Is it too soon to know? It looks pretty bad. Am I going to have to wait and see or is there anything I can do to improve it?

I picked a TCA CROSS scab on my nose and it left a hole but I put on some retinoids and it seems to be healing fine. It's a much flatter scab this time around so not all is lost.

i think i know what you mean. when i was 18 i got these cysts that would turn into sharp pointy scabs in the matter of days and once it came off left left scars which i'm still dealing with today. so much for that treat acne early to prevent scarring mantra. it took only several days from the start of the pimple to getting permanent scars. i tell ya what you might want to do. get plenty of sleep.minize stress as much as possible and apply retin a to your face.this will minimize breakouts and if you do get a pimple, it will be less inflamed.once you do get a pimple, pounce on it with a ton of retin a.but only at night. not during the day. if you're left with a scar, apply retin a for 24 months. this will help heal it and make it less noticeable.

good luck to you.

Thanks MellowFellow. What you described sounds like what happened (and tends to happen) with me. This particular one I had for 3-4 days and that's all it took to leave a scar. Pretty irritating, especially considering it was on an area of my face where I had never, ever had a spot before.

Thanks for the rec too. I'm going to look into Retin-A.