Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been on Differin for the last three months. They were rough, but finally my face is settling down. I'm still breaking out but not as bad as the heavy purging cycles. Basically all of my original whiteheads/blackhead/comedones are gone. However, I want to stop Differin. It's made my face kind of red and I don't think there is a use for it anymore. It left me with intense hyperpigmentation and I don't want it to get any worse.

My question is... If I go off Differin, how long till I can be exposed to sunlight. I know Differin makes your skin super sensitive, so I was just wondering. It's summer now and I love laying out. I like to have a nice healthy glow, nothing to dark. Plus, it makes me look better and helps disguise my marks.

I've been on Differin for a little bit over five months, and it's made my cheeks red, too. But I always thought that it was supposed to eventually get rid of hyper pigmentation?

Anyways, since Differin thins the top layer of your skin, you will get sunburn very easily. I stopped five days before going to the beach and still got sunburn, and I never used to burn, so I know that it was the Differin.

Thanks for the reply!

I think I'm going to stop for the summer then start again come school.

Also, are you still breaking out now being over five months? What about red marks?

I had not gotten any new blemishes as of one month ago. However, I did get two pimples on my jawline for the first time in soo long, but I blame that on my diet as I had been eating a lot of dairy and sugar.

My red marks seem a little more even, they are more blended into my skin than they were two months ago using Differin.

my motivation to keep going on it is one of my friends, who now has flawless skin ( no red marks, no blackheads. ) She used Differin for about eight months.

I can only hope our results are as amazing as hers are.(:

I wanted to avoid the hyper pigmentation so never used my prescription for it, although i had the idea of testing it on say the back of my leg to see if it'd leave hyper pigmen:P