Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mory

revlon colorstay foundation in the summer

hi everyone! this is my first post.

so i've been using everyday minerals intensive foundation, and even with the finishing powder, it doesn't have much staying power, especially lately. it's getting hot in southern california and to walk across campus (it's pretty damn huge) under the hot sun isn't so awesome.

i was wondering if revlon colorstay foundation stays on even under these summer conditions? i have acne prone skin. my severe acne is getting better, and i have a lot of post-acne redness on my face. i've been watching youtube reviews about it and people seem to like it. how's the coverage (especially for skin like mine)? i just wanna see what you guys think.

ooh and also, what color would you recommend for light, almost fair skin with yellow undertones aka asian skin?

thanks in advance!

The best advice or direction I can point you to is: www.makeupalley.com - truly THE best makeup review site EVER.

Personally - Revlon CS was pretty good at first, but in the end I thought it was going to slide off and it felt a little heavy

Loreal True Match (mineral powder - they have some pretty good gold/yellow toned foundations) held up for me when I went to far north Queensland (hottest state in Australia) in Summer 2 years ago - I had terrible skin then, but it didnt make it worse and I wore it all this summer and I was fine.

Otherwise - give Rimmel Lasting finish w/minerals a try, granted I only bought it yesterday and have worn it once, but it seems like a go-er as it feels a lot lighter than Revlon CS (and cheaper!). Check the colour range though, its not fantastic, so take a TRUSTED friend with you or get a sample pot (if you can) to trial at home.

Anywho - there's a few different options that have worked/not worked for me.

Good luck with your hunting!