Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ninjazx

Has anybodys scars gotten worse after dermarolling or needling?

The last time I dermarolled or needled my scars were a while ago and I think some of my scars (rolling scars) have gotten wider, changed shape, or even connected with one another. Am I imagining things or has this happened to anybody else?

It has happened to me...and I think any remodeling that occurs along with reduced scar depth is very beneficial

Most of my scars that were deep ice picks had been affected...they are wider, much less like ice picks and more like boxscars...but best of all...they are much less deep

they usually get worse before they get better, after about 4 weeks you start to notice improvement but during those first few weeks your skin looks worse

Guest sm_oore

I don't really think mine scarred even more. they were red for a few days so they stand out a lot more but I think mine are getting better with time. I've been needling on and off for almost a year now. I guess add that to some fraxel rounds though.

they usually get worse before they get better, after about 4 weeks you start to notice improvement but during those first few weeks your skin looks worse

ya this was absolutely true about one of my scars...the other one didnt improve much but that is probably because i messed with it so much