Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Out of low self confidence, I'm very loud. But I feel that I have to be as I doubt I'd have any friends other wise.

So today in my class I was talking about how everyone should vote me for Vice President of student council. I said aloud, "Why would you vote for (the girl i'm running against for that position). She's annoying." I felt bad after saying it, but then other people in my class added in comments about my component.

My teacher said aloud to me "Why wouldn't people vote for her? Look in a mirror."

I was in shock.

I didn't think teachers could make remarks like that.

Ironically, I was late to that class because I had been looking in a mirror for too long, just analyzing and hating what I saw.

Anyways, I felt terrible after my teacher said that aloud and everyone stared at me and some people made comments like, "OoOoOoh burn." Etc., etc.

I still feel bad right now about it right now. Sorry, I just had to post this to try and feel better. People can be so ignorant of other sometimes.

Has anyone else ever been called out like this in front of a lot of people?

I guess you kinda had it coming at you, but a teacher should never be the one to say something like that.

Blah I hate those popularity contests. I would always vote for my friends even if they would do horrible. And the if I don't know anyone who's running I would make a special box for myself. :)

And yes I have been called out but, I always make sure I have enough ammo than my opponent.

Sorry, but I thought she meant it in a different way. Maybe she was saying to look in the mirror, because she thinks you're the annoying one.

Edit: I could be wrong. But either way, don't pay any attention to it.

Sorry, but I thought she meant it in a different way. Maybe she was saying to look in the mirror, because she thinks you're the annoying one.

That's very plausible. The fact that you said it so loud in front of everyone would make me think that you were the annoying one. And teachers always side with the person who's getting attacked.

And here is a mature way to handle it: Go talk to the teacher. Tell him/her honestly that your feelings were hurt by the mirror comment. Be HONEST, tell the teacher you have low self-esteem and that sometimes you act out because of it. Your teacher will respect the honesty, and your desire to share a bit of yourself with him/her and may actually help you out more in class.

Perhaps right now your acting out is disrupting his/her class and s/he is at his/her last limit regarding your loudness, and thus the comment.

EDIT: Obviously the teacher meant "look in the mirror" about the annoying comment, NOT your skin.

Frankly, I can understand where s/he is coming from if your comments disrupt class a lot. Perhaps the teacher finds loud persons who call others annoying, annoying him/herself?

Granted, teachers aren't 'supposed' to say things like that, but good grief, they're human and can you imagine the limits to which they're pushed on a daily basis? Were you disrupting class when making your impromptu speech? Think of all the reasons that might be for a comment like that from a pushed to the last limit instructor.

To avoid being called out like that again, try to avoid impropriety in yourself. You don't have to be loud to be liked. You can be yourself; be positive and try your best to be happy. Work on your studies so that you can impress not only YOURSELF but your teacher, and your future teachers.

You're a pretty young lady and judging by your writing style, you can express yourself very well. Focus on the good stuff about yourself.

You do know it's TOTALLY normal to have low self-esteem at 15? :D Everyone in your class is just as you are; they just don't show it in the same way. Some hide it by superb performance in school (that was me), some by being loud (that's you!), some by excelling in sports (that's the jock!), some by play performances. Etc. It's all normal, it's all a part of growing up.

Maybe you should talk to your teacher? It might make him/her see you as a person rather than as just a disruptive influence?

I agree with Wynne, you are very good looking and you seem to have more personality than most 15 year old girls. Try not to feel so bad about yourself.

but i do think that the teacher was wrong to do that, they are supposed to set an example.. a good example

You're a pretty young lady and judging by your writing style, you can express yourself very well. Focus on the good stuff about yourself.

You do know it's TOTALLY normal to have low self-esteem at 15? :D Everyone in your class is just as you are; they just don't show it in the same way. Some hide it by superb performance in school (that was me), some by being loud (that's you!), some by excelling in sports (that's the jock!), some by play performances. Etc. It's all normal, it's all a part of growing up.

Maybe you should talk to your teacher? It might make him/her see you as a person rather than as just a disruptive influence?

I was the class clown.. :D

^ Oh yeah, forgot about that stereotype, too. Or archetype, however you want to call it. :D

Send him an anonymous email telling him to "Go **** yourself". :ninja: Or just make subtle jabs at him whenever you can.

hah thanks everyone.

i used to write fake notes and give them to people, so maybe i'll write my teacher one.. just kidding, lol(:.

and wynne, you're correct when you say everyone's insecure at this age; another way i've noticed that people hide it is by being mean to others/ making fun of others.

I think its cool that having low self esteem makes you loud. I wish I could do that, it just makes me quiet and depressed.

i agree

I agree with the idea of talking to the teacher. Talk about how it made you feel. You say that it hurt you that she said that, but what you said about the other girl wasn't that great either :(. I understand very much how it is to be self concious and even if the teacher didn't mean it in the way that you interpreted it, it was still very unprofessional. I think that if you do (and hopefully you do) go talk to the teacher, it will solve a lot of the problems. I'm not sure if the girl you were talking about was in the class or not, but if she was, maybe you should talk to her. Unless, of course you are mortal enemies haha. I put myself in your situation and I understand how painful that would be.

This is coming from the guy who lived in detention. Funny, huh? :P

Haha Yeahhh I think that I may talk to my teacher about it tomorrow.

and the girl was not in the class, but still it was kind of mean of me to say lol.

Out of low self confidence, I'm very loud. But I feel that I have to be as I doubt I'd have any friends other wise.

So today in my class I was talking about how everyone should vote me for Vice President of student council. I said aloud, "Why would you vote for (the girl i'm running against for that position). She's annoying." I felt bad after saying it, but then other people in my class added in comments about my component.

My teacher said aloud to me "Why wouldn't people vote for her? Look in a mirror."

I was in shock.

I didn't think teachers could make remarks like that.

Ironically, I was late to that class because I had been looking in a mirror for too long, just analyzing and hating what I saw.

Anyways, I felt terrible after my teacher said that aloud and everyone stared at me and some people made comments like, "OoOoOoh burn." Etc., etc.

I still feel bad right now about it right now. Sorry, I just had to post this to try and feel better. People can be so ignorant of other sometimes.

Has anyone else ever been called out like this in front of a lot of people?

HAHA! FUNNY! MAJOR BURN!

Sorry, but I thought it was pretty funny. lol.

and the girl was not in the class, but still it was kind of mean of me to say lol.

It's nice you recognize that. :) Definitely talk to your teacher; show that you wish to appear (and be) a kind student and your intent is not to disrupt but that you have very low self-esteem and thus you act out. Your teacher probably recognizes this rationally but as we all know, there's sometimes a disconnect between rational thinking and emotional thinking! Teacher has two thoughts colliding: "I know she is saying that out of her own personal issues but darn! does she have to disrupt the class and make fun of someone else???"

You could even say something like, "I know what I said the other day was mean. Your comment to me made me realize how mean it was. I also want to apologize to you, and I want you to know that sometimes I act out because I have low self-esteem. This may not change how you think of me, but I just wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about what you said, and what I said."

It's nice you recognize that. :) Definitely talk to your teacher; show that you wish to appear (and be) a kind student and your intent is not to disrupt but that you have very low self-esteem and thus you act out. Your teacher probably recognizes this rationally but as we all know, there's sometimes a disconnect between rational thinking and emotional thinking! Teacher has two thoughts colliding: "I know she is saying that out of her own personal issues but darn! does she have to disrupt the class and make fun of someone else???"

You could even say something like, "I know what I said the other day was mean. Your comment to me made me realize how mean it was. I also want to apologize to you, and I want you to know that sometimes I act out because I have low self-esteem. This may not change how you think of me, but I just wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about what you said, and what I said."

Thank you Wynne!

Haha, that's a really great idea, thank you so muchhhh.(:!

Sorry about my previoius reply. LOL.

Anyways, I believe that you shouldn't let acne put you down. I was just looking at your pictures and I believe you are very good looking. If your personality is as beatiful as you are, than you're any guys dream.

Believe it or not, but I used to be 15, too! :shock::lol::D

Hahahah;DD

Sorry about my previoius reply. LOL.

Anyways, I believe that you shouldn't let acne put you down. I was just looking at your pictures and I believe you are very good looking. If your personality is as beatiful as you are, than you're any guys dream.

lol it's fine. and thank yyuu.

I'm surprised a teacher would say something like that. You assume teachers are going to be more compassionate even if you are loud sometimes :P

But whatever, glad you can laugh about it and maybe it helps teach a lesson too lol.

I'm a 48 year old and I can honestly say that maybe the teacher was not referring to anything having to with physical flaws about you, but rather just you as a person. You already said here you are loud, right? So you were loud and you were putting down your opponent. So maybe you teacher meant "look in the mirror, your loud and obnoxious..."

I have said things that were taken the totally wrong way. I find it hard to believe that a teacher would say anything to attack a student's problem with acne. I really believe your teacher was talking about your personality.