Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CentralTexasBoy

Moisturizing after salicylic acid?

if you need to use moisturizer, apply it 5-10 minutes after the salicylic acid. some like to apply moisturizer immediately after.. but I prefer having the salicylic acid sit on the skin for a few minutes before I do any additional steps.

if you need to use moisturizer, apply it 5-10 minutes after the salicylic acid. some like to apply moisturizer immediately after.. but I prefer having the salicylic acid sit on the skin for a few minutes before I do any additional steps.

Thanks. I see you use Paula's Choice skin balancing moisture gel -- I just purchased some and was curious what you thought of it. For some reason I was thinking it would be completely natural ingredients, but I just received it today and read on the back that it has stuff like Butylene Glycol. Anyway, would this be a good choice to put on after SA?

Thanks. I see you use Paula's Choice skin balancing moisture gel -- I just purchased some and was curious what you thought of it. For some reason I was thinking it would be completely natural ingredients, but I just received it today and read on the back that it has stuff like Butylene Glycol. Anyway, would this be a good choice to put on after SA?

yes, i normally use the balancing gel as a last step after the BHA. It's not 100% natural but then it also doesn't claim to be =] regarding butylene glycol and other glycols, here's what Paula has to say about them.

It is basically used as a delivery ingredient so that the other ingredients (Vitamin B3, B5, C, Plant extracts/antioxidants, etc) can absorb and penetrate into the skin better; it also works as a humectant to lightly moisturize skin.