Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lamb4Life

Horrible Scarring!

i have had acne for so long and over the yrs acne scaring has build up. so much now i look just beyond horrible. my scars look like the surface of a rocky ground i have everywhere but mostly in my forehead. my skin is not even at all and i have discoloration and redness. also bumps that are not acne, just really weird. i have so much going on in my face though. its a MESS. so i finished accutane this week. and i wanna get fraxel. is that my best option is there something better. doctor said its the best thing but said i had to wait a year or call another center and see what they say. i call another derm. center and they said also wait a yr. and call someone else and they said they will treat me. now im betting u all will say wait. but i cant, my scaring is just too horrible to let it be. i need to fix it asap. are there people who have taken accutane and then gotten fraxel right after? how did it go? hiow much is it, and what do you all think/recommend. so anyways i really need help the scaring is killing me. its beyond horrible and just its bringing me down and down as time goes by. i need help ASAP!

pics in link. couldnt upload any more.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/life-gutt...st-t235333.html

I went to your link and I have to say you DO NOT look that bad at all to me. And I'm a girl with very mild acne. I know you think that the camera makes it look not so bad and I can see the bumps on your forehead but overall if I were to see you in public I would think you have a very nice face with a little skin issue. I mean I really don't know what you've gone through as my acne has never been severe but alot of people see your skin and then get over it once they hear you talk and know you as a person. DON'T HIDE IN THE DARK and DON't BE ASHAMED

If you want to risk worse scarring sure go ahead and get an invasive procedure now. That's not smart at all. Wait at LEAST six months; Accutane impairs healing.

I also bet that within six months some of the scarring will appear less, too, as your skin recovers from the effects of Accutane.

i think u will end up with much worse scarring if u get lasered right after accutane.......just grow some bangs for now.....

I know exactly what your going through. Unfortunately, for us sufferers, the #1 key to success is patience. I know how frustrating it can be and how you want to treat things ASAP. Its a vicious cycle sadly. You wanted to clear your active acne, so you took the harshest route, accutane. And now that your clear, you wanna get rid of your scars via fraxel. As far as I know.. thats really dangerous. I really hope you reconsider. The derm who said he'd do it right now is out of his mind and probably doesnt have much experience. Not enough experience to get you results anyways. Places will vary from 6 months to 12 months before you can get any invasive procedures. If it helps any, I think your skin looks great. I and many others would give up many many things to have your skin. Don't be so hard on yourself. Try to keep in mind what YOU SEE is not what OTHERS see. You can probably pinpoint every single thing that you hate about your face. While us, look at your pictures and ponder whats wrong? Anyways, my advice.. Really research what your getting into. Everyone here will tell you DONT DO IT. Look for a reputable derm who has given previous results.. look at the fraxel threads. I think a good derm is KEY to scar treatment. Sorry for the long post, I really hope you consider some of the things I've said. Try to grow some emo hair for the mean time.

man from your post you made it sound as if it was HORRIBLE. your skin looks decent enough to be confident. and wait six months before you get anything done. even if your skin didn't react negatively to the immediate fraxel, improvement wouldn't be that great and the risk for it ending up worse is way too big for such mediocre results. trust me, wait it out.

Hey i remember way back when i had finished accutane and it looked bad intially.But as the months went by it was getting better because your skin is still in a healing stage.I know how much of a bitch it is.And if your doing any of the lasers...ask the doctor if you need a deep filler first.Reason why i'm asking is because i did 5 fraxels with a 30% improvement.I did sculptra and 3 months later a laser and it was amazing.I lost collagen from scarring.

haha its not that bad homie! i have scaring on my actual face like cheeks and jawline.. Id love to have only the scaring you have...its not big deal jus keep your head up!